Invitation

Why did we think TF2 needed a forum?
Gryson
aelfborn fury

Invitation

Post by Gryson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:05 pm

An invitation has again been extended by the folks at www.mordkessel.com to have anyone here that wants sign up for the forums. They are planning on joining a TF2 ladder/league. Probably a ladder at first, then a league once cal is in its second TF2 season.

I do have to say that I've been hanging out with those guys for almost 4 years and they're a good group of people. They have well over 50 active users and the forums are generally a good time. (You just may have to get past a bit of good natured hazing, just ignore it tbh)

So if you're interested in the TF2 ladder/league sign up for the forums at www.mordkessel.com and send a private message to Rael, tell him you're with Underpowered and he'll hook you up with access.

I want my friends to be friends with my other friends.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:05 pm

50 active members and they want Underpowered people to join them for ladder games...?

Gryson
aelfborn fury

Post by Gryson » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:15 pm

shimdic wrote:50 active members and they want Underpowered people to join them for ladder games...?
They're members play a lot of games, I think they have bout 10 maybe 15 active members playing TF2.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:13 pm

I registered and am waiting for my activation email.

Devvyous
protection warrior

Post by Devvyous » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:21 am

nokturnal wrote:I registered and am waiting for my activation email.
The thing is... you smell =(

Devvyous
protection warrior

Post by Devvyous » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:22 am

Devvyous wrote:
nokturnal wrote:I registered and am waiting for my activation email.
The thing is... you smell =(
....but that might be the TF2 envy talking >_>
Last edited by Devvyous on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rael
protection warrior

Post by Rael » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:22 am

Hi guys.

Like Gryson said, you're all more than invited to come join our TF2 effort. We're still discussing exactly what league to play in, how to structure the team, and so on. We're pretty much down to either joining an 8v8 league (either STA or CEVO), or going with an 8v8 ladder (probably TWL) instead. We currently have about 15 people playing, but my guess is that only about 10 of those are going to be able to commit to a team. I'd like to get at least 14 on the roster for an 8v8 league.

You're also more than welcome to join up with the community. We're between games right now, and people are all scattered around. Conan is on the horizon, but in the meantime there are bits and pieces of us messing around in WoW, EVE, CoH, some random other games, and of course TF2. Excluding the latter, though, the forums themselves are the most active part of the guild right now.

So anyway, you guys met Lance in WoW? Friends IRL from Wisconsin? Anyone from Shadowbane?

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:58 pm

Xelissa, Mompas and I all played Shadowbane on Scorn; we didn't stick around that long after the transfer to Mourning, but some of our other friends did (bergg and bean). When we all switched to WoW, Lance (and Tom) came too... the love has burned like the sun ever since. By love, of course, I mean hatred.

Vincent
aelfborn fury

Post by Vincent » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm so lost what game is everyone moving to? I WANT TO PLAY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
I don't care what you are doing, so much
as the idiotic way that you are doing it.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Most of us have picked up the Orange Box and are playing Team Fortress 2.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 pm

Met most people in WoW but I played in Shadowbane as well (Treachery server...I think) just didn't know anyone in this guild at that time.

I'm not sure if I should sign up for the ladders. I'm not really a hardcore player and I'm not sure if I'm really any good heh.
The cake is a lie.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:59 am

Albedo wrote: I'm not sure if I should sign up for the ladders. I'm not really a hardcore player and I'm not sure if I'm really any good heh.

lolololololol I'm the worst. I was just going to sign up for their forums and say hello because I see a lot of them in game.

Rael
protection warrior

Post by Rael » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 am

To be honest, we're really not concerned with how good everyone is yet. Compared to the people who are playing competitively, I'm sure we all suck quite thoroughly. The goal is to get better. ^_^

Also, I'm aware of some of your registration problems with our forums, and it's being looked into. Thanks kindly for your patience.