Exobiologist build -- thoughts?

Boargers still suck
Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Exobiologist build -- thoughts?

Post by Albedo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:21 pm

What do you think of this build? (When you go to the link, you have to give it a moment while it configures. I went there and thought it didn't save and then it changed)

I didn't max out the firearms ability because by the time I maxed out the later skills, I only had about 7 points left, according to the zeus site. However, according to the Phaleux site...I had four points left. I wonder which site is correct?

Phaleux: 104 points at level 50. Have to use a point to get your signature lvl 30 ability.
Zeus: 106 points at level 50. Already have a point spent in the signature lvl 30 ability.

Any idea which is right?

Also, thoughts on my build. Tally, do you think Tools 3 will be any help to our group? I know you're using tools, so any input would be awesome. :)
The cake is a lie.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:51 pm

I think zeus is accurate, but I'm not sure.

your build is probably ideal, but requires a lot of self-control... I think you'd be okay using more points earlier and choosing a top-tier or two ability to only take to 3 if you wanted.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:02 pm

the biggest possible problem I see with your build is that you won't be able to do a whole lot unless there are corpses around. I'm also wondering how good cadaver immolation is, since it takes 5 seconds to go off. Would it be better to just reanimate the corpse or make a totem thingy out of it? Or do these things have too long a cooldown? I'm just not sure. It might be worth it to invest some points in decay or lightning for damage if you decide to not max one or two of the top tier things out. Frighten looks like a possibility to look into as well.

It's totally up to you whether you want to take tools to 3 or not. I feel like I have it under control right now, but it's your call.