Heraldry Discussion

Stunties was smahsed
Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:57 pm

I've stayed out of our heraldy discussion because I don't really care, one way or another. Whatever we pick, I'll be happy with. So, my plan was just going to let everyone hash it out because it doesn't matter to me whether we have a a squiggly line, or a design/symbol or a squig or whatever.

But it seems like we've kind of hit the wall in terms of discussion...I think there's probably some people who really like the Squig and some people who really don't like the Squig. I'm also sure that there's other designs that some people really like and others hate...

The only thing I want to make sure is that we pick something that everyone (who cares) likes, whether that's something suggested already or something completely different.

So, here's a couple suggestions.

1) We narrow down the designs we like the best to 3-4 designs (We can hash out colors/cape shapes later) and have everyone vote. (very easy, ends up with some people not 100% happy)
2) We decide on a design that everyone likes; a design that's up there or one that might not be up there, yet. (better chance of 100% happy, requires compromise and knowing that it won't be easy and probably will be time consuming)
3) We shelve the discussion until later. (doesn't solve anything)
4) ?? ...we go eat pancakes. (not related, but very yummy regardless)

Thoughts?
Last edited by Albedo on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Sounds good.

We should post in here with a clear format so that people can post their 3-4 ideas on the matter, and we'll vote on it in a separate thread.
Last edited by manekineko on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:10 pm

I think voting is what we generally do best, so we might as well stick with it. We could also break the heraldry up into pieces... pick 5 emblems then vote. After we know that, we can pick five backgrounds, then vote. After that, pick some color combinations, then vote.

How about every person picks 1 emblem that they believe is their favorite (don't pick the same as someone else), and then we vote on it?

It seems like if some people post 8 suggestions, then they don't carry as much weight as if we all just pick 1.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:11 pm

bluexy wrote:How about every person picks 1 emblem that they believe is their favorite (don't pick the same as someone else), and then we vote on it?
Who gets the squig? xD

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:12 pm

Well, if everyone's cool with the 1 emblem per person idea... whoever posts first in that thread. ;)

dominusnox
protection warrior

Post by dominusnox » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 pm

well although i can't play with the editor being an initiat and all, and my vote probably as little weight in the scheme of things i really like the bleeding eye. a slight colour change and banner reshaping and i would love. that's my 2 cents worth.

dominusnox
protection warrior

Post by dominusnox » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 am

als if you plan on voting and want to make everyone as happy as possible you can break the voting system into points. 3points for your fav, next fav 2 points, next 1. that way even if you fav doesnt get picked there is a better chance it's one you decently like.