Patch 1.05: Where BWs get a buff and healers get a nerf.

Stunties was smahsed
bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:01 pm

PREPARE FOR UBER GLORBO!

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Is the world really ready for that? O.O
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Uber Glorbo is hilarious when you say it out loud. Uber Glorbo Uber Glorbo Uber Glorbo

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 pm

I understand that 60% snare proc'ing 35% of the time (with two tactics equipped, mind you) might have been a little much, but it seems like they could've lowered it to 40% instead of taking out the snare component all-together for the tactic. Extra dot damage on it now - huzzah. I enjoyed what someone said on the WA forums:
Yes, CoC and Bloodthirst have to be nerfed into the ground while Withering Heat is just fine. I enjoy seeing Withering hiting me for 1000 damage a tick in teir 3, but I'm sure the extra damage Bloodthirst is getting will put that in the shade.
The DoK community as a whole is very upset. We only got buffs to our melee heals. It's as if mythic is telling us all to spec Sacrifice. And a tactic that used to be completely awesome for RVR is getting rendered useless. Most of us are willing to concede it could've been toned down, but it got nerfed into the ground with absolutely nothing to make up for it. The torture mastery is now pretty useless (level 13 ability is apparently bugged).

I'm usually pretty reasonable about patches, but I'm as sad about the nerf to bloodthirst as I was when Anet threatened to increase the cast time of Div Hex to 2 seconds. The community stopped them from doing that - maybe the DoK community can make the nerf to bloodthirst a little less harsh. Here's hoping.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:10 pm

Yeah, every healer community is freaking out. Here's hoping they actually listen.

Trizabang
protection warrior

Post by Trizabang » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 am

As I looked through the list of Squig Herder changes, I saw nothing but "<Skill X> has been increased."

Can't say I'm too upset by that! :)

To the Healers out there - I wish you all the best of luck. I've seen my fair share of Healing nerfs in WoW, and it usually looks worse on paper than it actually is.

Still, though, I hope you guys remain strong. Can't live without my Healers!