Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:53 pm

It's always about you, Jeff. -_-
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:22 pm

I thought you said that bright wizard females look like "dykes" and you repeatedly called my hairstyle a "dyke haircut" when I was playing one.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:26 am

So, I'm still disgruntled about the willpower debuff, but you know me, I have to bitch about something and I apologize for beating a dead horse.

But..... 48 willpower is only a 1% disrupt chance. So, 100 willpower decrease would mean -2% disrupt and -20 Healing Per Second.

Oh, and if anybody cares Ayestes put a lot of work and thought into a post for the official forums concerning sorceress only to get IGNORED because it didn't concern itself with 1.06 and went over the character limit.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... p?t=197118

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Jeff? Meet horse. *nudge* yep, it's dead.

=D
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:40 pm

It does suck that people are giving well-thought-out feedback and it's getting ignored. Don't take it as mythic is purposely ignoring ONE class though. Most classes have compiled lists of changes they'd like to see or bug lists. The DoKs, for example, have an ENORMOUS bug list (here) that has been compiled from many, many DoKs and those bugs have been checked and verified through other DoKs. Many of these bugs have been in at least since release if they EVER worked at all. Many are VERY severe (example: level 13 skill in torture tree being broken and the Warrior Priest equivalent works).

So I definitely know your frustration, Jeff. I think most classes are getting equally ignored or equally looked at, depending on how you want to see it. Some classes just had the luck to get better skills or not-broken skills at launch.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:29 pm

:)

I just don't understand why Mythic doesn't look at these things or maybe they are, but it sure doesn't seem like it. My class isn't broken, but I sure did get the short end of the stick compared to bright wizards and it's annoying. They had a chance to make Word of Pain decent but they only want to make it half assed. Maybe with one application I will add it to my spell rotation in case I cannot finish off a target but I don't see the cohesion and complimentary abilities that bright wizards have with their spells. I have a lot of other spells I don't even use because they are so worthless.

So, we'll leave it at that. The reason for this thread was to see if any of you guys ever trolled the sorceress threads on the official forums to see if Mythic gave any explanation behind their madness, and it doesn't look like they are answering to anyone really, sadly.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:49 pm

I would imagine the only reason they would change it back to the current state was because of the feedback they received on the test server THROUGH the in-game feedback interface. Some people obviously cared enough about the WoP change that they didn't want it changed. Mythic specifically said that they would pay more attention to that than their forums (though I'm not sure about the test forums).

It's not too late, Jeff - test is still going and 1.06 is not out yet. I'd encourage you to jump onto the test servers and give them some feedback. You just have to copy your character over to the test server on your account page and fire it up. The feedback form through the bug interface doesn't let you type very much, but you get a questionaire when you log off your character on test and there's a free-writing box that doesn't seem to be as restrictive. If you're this upset about it, LET THEM KNOW.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Also, keep in mind that balancing is a loooong process. It's totally understandable that you're frustrated, but it's not like 1.06 is the last shot you've got.

And I don't mean to antagonize you about WoP: if you prefer resistance debuff, fine -- I just think that some of the other areas are vastly more important.

Fight to get skills equal to: playing with fire, stop drop and roll, and withering heat. Essentially, Calamity needs to be made equal to Immolation.