Incase anyone cares

Stunties was smahsed
Lume
feral druid

Incase anyone cares

Post by Lume » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Looks like yet another mass transfer. Not sure if theyre shutting down Ungrim, but a lot of ppl are leaving

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... .php?f=372
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming' WOO HOO, What a Ride

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:51 pm

:(

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm

That sucks. :( I feel kind of bad for Mythic.
The cake is a lie.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

I was just going to post about this, but there goes Ungrim!

I'm slightly tempted to go back, just for the occasional PvP.

I really think the game would have fared better if there were three sides. Open RvR should have actually meant something besides the grab ass that was going on with trading keeps and renown farming. Plus, it would have been fun to put some holes in the wall and not just get funneled in through the front door. Oh, not to mention there has been very few city sackings let along capturing a fortress. In their defense, it was more stable then AoC... ;)

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm

I still enjoyed it a lot more than DaoC, and not just because of the combat system. Long sieges aren't really my thing anymore (got my fill with Shadowbane) and it's really hard to balance two sides let alone three. DaoC never really got the 3-side faction thing balanced.

That being said, there's just not enough content right now - maybe sometime down the road there'll be enough added content and changes that would make it worth going back to. I hope so.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:06 am

Xelissa wrote:I still enjoyed it a lot more than DaoC, and not just because of the combat system. Long sieges aren't really my thing anymore (got my fill with Shadowbane) and it's really hard to balance two sides let alone three. DaoC never really got the 3-side faction thing balanced.

That being said, there's just not enough content right now - maybe sometime down the road there'll be enough added content and changes that would make it worth going back to. I hope so.
This. I guess the sieges, especially when there was 1 order and 19837459183475913674981346 chaos or vice versa, hurt my soul a little.

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 am

Xelissa wrote:That being said, there's just not enough content right now - maybe sometime down the road there'll be enough added content and changes that would make it worth going back to. I hope so.
I agree. The game was great when it first launched and everyone was in the newbie zone, so all of the PQs were running and scenarios were easily balanced. It got tiring once people started leaving the game or progressing to end level areas and suddenly the mid-level zones were completely empty. Not so fun. Hopefully they'll work out their issues sometime soon.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 am

But creating holes in the wall was the most fun ever! Just think if the objectives in warhammer were little castles like in daoc. The best part was when we were inside and the thing got destroyed and suddenly we were standing on a pile of rocks by the keep lord or whoever and we got rolled.

I think the objectives might have been a little too easy in Warhammer and set up kind of dumb.