I powergame.

We play a free online game =O
manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

I powergame.

Post by manekineko » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm basically trying to create the most powerful PVE team in an 8-man area involving only 1 player. As a monk primary, I'm a little screwed, but that's okay I guess. It seems necros and paragons synergize best with Sabway and Discordway, but since Sabway is so powerful anyway, I figured I'd research my henchie options to provide the support Sabway needs. Most people say that interrupts and hex removal are the most lacking. With these things covered and dual warriors to abuse the Barbs, MoP, and splinter weapons being passed around, I should be okay.

Nightfall PVE Team:

1) Me: HB Hybrid (HB with Cure Hex)
2) Sabway Resto Healer
3) Sabway Jagged MM
4) Sabway Curses
5) Odurra - Interrupts/Hex Removal (Exactly what Sabway lacks)
6) Gehraz - Sturdy Melee (Barbs/Splinter Weapon/MoP abuser)
7) Devona - Melee (Barbs/Splinter Weapon/MoP abuser)
8) Herta - AoE/Ward Defenses

EOTN PVE Team:

1) Me: HB Hybrid (HB with Cure Hex)
2) Sabway Resto Healer
3) Sabway Jagged MM
4) Sabway Curses
5) Zho - Interrupts (What Sabway lacks)
6) Lo Sha - Hex Removal/Ineptitude spam (What Sabway lacks plus armor ignoring damage)
7) Talon Silverwing - Melee/Interrupt (Barbs/Splinter Weapon/MoP abuser)
8) Devona - Melee (Barbs/Splinter Weapon/MoP abuser) OR Herta - AoE/Ward Defenses

Sound good? Ideally I'd have an Imbagon, but with a Monk primary, it's basically impossible. I was considering doing necro curses instead of Sabway, but I wouldn't have soul reaping, so it'd be pointless. I also considering running para daze support for interrupting, but without the Paragon shout energy management, I'd run low on energy very quickly. Hopefully the SABway with decent Henchie synergy and a dedicated player healer will cut it.
Last edited by manekineko on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Oh yeah, and Discordway might work even better. I'll try it out at some point. Sabway is just so sexy :\

mauirixxx
feral druid

Post by mauirixxx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 pm

very old post, I know. I still play GW even if you guys don't :(

Upon reading your post I looked up sabway, and nearly fell out of my chair at the awesomeness of it. ;)

I go everywhere now that I can run the sabway build pulled off pvxwiki. I FINALLY (after 2+ years of trying!!!) completed the "The Last Day Dawns" quest on my second try last night using the sabway build (first try with sabway failed because the kings priest is retarded).

My W/Me build to pwn this quest consisted of the following skills:
[build name="Energy Warrior" prof=W/Me Strength=12+1 Swordsmanship=12+3+1 Ins=3 Sunspear=8 Norn=2 Deldrimor=1][Jaizhenju Strike][Power Attack][Pure Strike][Whirlwind Attack]["You Move Like A Dwarf"][Warriors Endurance][Mantra of Flame][Snow Storm][/build]

I used a zealous sword to keep energy up combined with [[Warrior's Endurance]. Move like a dwarf is useful for both interrupts + knockdown (I never realized how much fun it is to knockdown mobs).

Once I ran this build, I had the king and his entire crew with me until I fought the 2 Armageddon lords - the fighters went down quickly after that, but then so did the lords :)

2 years worth of trying reduced to a killer 3 necro build ..... I never once thought to run a /Me on my Warrior .... I <3 guildwiki.
- rixxx
BF2: (*)(*) mauirixxx
GW: Rickalis Tu Rivers
[build name="100 Blades Spiker" prof=W/Mo str=12+3+1 swords=12][Power Attack][Hundred Blades][Savage Slash][Sever Artery][Gash][Galrath Slash][Final Thrust][Optional][/build]

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:15 am

yay rix!

mauirixxx
feral druid

Post by mauirixxx » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:58 pm

that just about sums up how I felt afterwards.

Time to tackle Factions & EotN .... I've had almost 0 desire to play Factions, other then to cap the Flesh Golem skill for my necro's ... EotN I played long enough to score Livia for the sabway fun ... I still enjoy running around Prophecies & Nightfall (which I finally beat about a month ago, the last mission was a freaking joke) .....
- rixxx
[build name="100 Blades Spiker" prof=W/Mo str=12+3+1 swords=12][Power Attack][Hundred Blades][Savage Slash][Sever Artery][Gash][Galrath Slash][Final Thrust][Optional][/build]

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 pm

factions is pretty quick and painless, and you can get a nice green item at the end. I actually prefer it over prophecies -- I thought prophs was way too long :\

My ranking is: Nightfall, GW:EoN, Factions, Prophecies.

I know, I know, sacrilege. Oh wells.

mauirixxx
feral druid

Post by mauirixxx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:41 pm

The greens at the end of Prophecies / nightfall were pretty good I thought. Got me a sword from prophecies, and a staff or something for Dunkoro (which now I wish I ddin't since I don't use him any more).

Since I stopped using both Dunkoro (black male) and Zed Shadowhoof (minotaur), and went with the all whitey team of necromancers ....

Does that make me a racist? Food for thought .... hahahaha
- rixxx

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm

I thought Livia was black? ><

mauirixxx
feral druid

Post by mauirixxx » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:59 pm

she looks pretty white to me .. ok tanned ... :P
- rixxx