Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Borderlands DLC release date...for consoles

Post by Albedo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm

The cake is a lie.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

omg terry linked a destructoid article i'm so proud!

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 am

i thought destructoid only liked games about football. didn't they give da:o a 7.5/10?

fuck them. fuck them a lot.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

This makes me wish that the content were coming to the PC next week. :(

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/11/ ... l-scaling/
The cake is a lie.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:56 pm

manekineko wrote:i thought destructoid only liked games about football. didn't they give da:o a 7.5/10?

i'd agree with them. destructoid only talks about games about football? you couldn't have ever been to this site before.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:19 am

bluexy wrote:
manekineko wrote:i thought destructoid only liked games about football. didn't they give da:o a 7.5/10?

i'd agree with them. destructoid only talks about games about football? you couldn't have ever been to this site before.
I didn't say "only talks about", I said "only likes". A review site that gives dao a 7.5 and madden 10 a 9.25 makes me sad.

The reviews seem so promising, too! Lots of in-game footage and good advice and details. Then you get to the bottom and the score is the opposite of what you'd expect.

Sorry, just a difference of opinion, I'm afraid. :\

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:28 am

manekineko wrote:Sorry, just a difference of opinion, I'm afraid. :\
There's a difference in opinion and then there's being discriminate. "Fuck them. Fuck them a lot," is a little bit harsher than disagreeing on a review score. They have an editor that plays a lot of sports games, knows quite a bit about them, and if he says Madden is one of the best representatives of the genre then I trust him and his opinion. It has no base of comparison to Dragon Age or the review it got from a different editor.

Excuse me for being defensive for a website, but it's an important one to me. This is the internet though, so snap judgements are made. As you will.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am

<cough> anywaaaaaaaaay...

I wonder when/if dlc will come to the PC. Tyler hypothesized that they probably don't a good system in place for the PC yet for dlc. Fallout 3 used games for windows, dragon age had you link through your EA account, Borderlands has... gamespy. wooo. Your borderlands game is not linked to any account, really, so any dlc they release with their current PC setup will not have any way to prevent people from giving it to their friends to download.

I wonder what they'll do. Will we see our copies of borderlands actually link to a gamespy account? <shudder> I can't see THAT going well. I do hope they figure something out, though... if they don't, no dlc for PC, just like the newest Prince of Persia =[.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:34 am

For all of Gearboxes complaints with Steam, this would have been one of the benefits because you're absolutely right, Tally. Without some centralized distribution method, it's difficult to sell it.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they'll follow suit with what Activision did with World at War DLC. They released it as a patch for the PC version...but it was months later. :-/ I really hope they do something though because I'd really like to play through it!
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:49 am

speaking of which, we never tried that World at War DLC... we should some time. Activision already got our money for that one, so we might as well make the best out of it!

If Borderlands goes that route, at least we'll GET DLC though. Sooner would be nicer, of course, but you can't argue with free. But if they were going that path, they should just release it as a patch for the PC at the same time, like Crash Course... what's with punishing PC gamers? You didn't buy this for the console, so now I'm PUNISHING YOU. It's right up with there with HEY PC GAMERS, would you pay for prince of persia DLC? Over 90% of you said yes? OH WELL, you fucking pirate games you fucking PC gamers! Screw you! NO DLC FOR YOU.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:55 am

I never finished World at War :( so I never got to see the undead portion.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 pm

bluexy wrote:
manekineko wrote:Sorry, just a difference of opinion, I'm afraid. :\
Excuse me for being defensive for a website, but it's an important one to me. This is the internet though, so snap judgements are made. As you will.
I'm going to stick by my opinion. Please don't cheapen it by calling my judgement a "snap judgement". I don't see how your opinion is any better or worse than mine, but hey, whatever.

As many here can attest to, I'm openly honest and quite a user of hyperbole. I tend not to feel as strongly about things as I let on. I know you haven't met me in person so I thought I'd let you know.

I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers. I'm just speaking candidly.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 pm

I really hope it doesn't take months to release the DLC--that'd be ridiculous.

DLC just seems to be a part of games these days. Developers should really think about how they're going to deal with DLC before they release a game, don't you think?

I think Dragon Age's DLC that was available at release was a good way for them to work out the kinks so future DLC would go smoothly. Other developers should follow that model.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Please take any personal complaints, issues and drama off the public forums. Thanks, guys. :)
The cake is a lie.