SURVEY-2009

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:32 am

The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:44 pm

But it still looks like you need to be using steam and your steam account to use your burned discs, right? Or am I reading it wrong?

It seems like you guys think I'm anti-steam, which I'm not =/. I mean, I am getting Borderlands and L4D2 through steam after all. I just feel like there are some drawbacks to it, like any other digital distribution. Honestly, I'm still a hard-copy kind of person in most cases. I, personally, don't want to have to launch my single-player games through steam. I think it's kind of unsettling. When I'm playing a single-player game, I kind of want to be shut off and I don't want people to know what I'm doing. I know that might sound weird, though. I understand that a lot of people like having all there games in one place and that steam is that place for them. That's cool. I just don't want to have all my games linked to one account that if, for whatever reason, dies or that I lose access to, ALL my games are lost forever. I want to be able to have access to most of my games through some other means than solely a virtual account - which is why I buy most of my games hard-copy. With Valve games there's no point to have the hard copy since they just make you get it via steam anyway. I just think it can be beneficial to support other digital distributors, like Impulse. I really think they have some good policies going on there. If you love steam then by all means use it! Just letting people know about some other digital distributors that can be used complementarily OR supplementarily. Good Old Gamers is another one that deals in classic games for very cheap, in most cases. Lots of games there that you won't find anywhere else digitally.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 pm

Tally's a hikikomori! Really though, even if you hated Steam it'd be cool. I absolutely HATED Steam back when it first launched. My friends and I all agreed that Steam was totally worthless, resource devouring piece of spyware. It was true too! I even pirated HL2 in college so I wouldn't have to buy the damn thing on Steam. I don't even remember how I started to use it... probably happened when I bought the Orange Box so I could play TF2 with folk. I've since become more accepting, what with L4D and the HL episodes.

Otherwise, I just love good deals on games and Steam always seems to have the best. I check Impulse's weekly mailer for good deals, and I'm following them on Twitter too... their best deals are never on games though, but on professional applications instead. Some really cool stuff too! GoG is great as well, and I have their weekly mailer too. All's fair in the search for the best price. :)

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 pm

The Steam price of $55 for the digital deluxe version is dead now. The price went back up to $65.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 am

Dunno how long it will last: GoGamer.com has Dragon Age for $40

http://www.gogamer.com/Dragon-Age-Origi ... ewprod.htm

Same deal, so it might expire... even tonight. Borderlands for $40.

http://www.gogamer.com/Borderlands-for- ... ewprod.htm

And Left 4 Dead 2 $40:

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm? ... id=Oct1509

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 am

Hmm... didn't some people order stuff from gogamer and it like, never came? Mines of Moria, I think?

I'll text matt and let him know to check it out, though!

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:04 am

I plan on ordering this game. Will probably pre-order from Gamestop.