Dragon Age: Origins DEALS!

NEEDS MORE ALISTAIR
bluexy
BATMEOWN

Dragon Age: Origins DEALS!

Post by bluexy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm always looking for great deals on games, so here's the deals I've found so far for DA:O

Keep in mind, the game ships November 3rd, so you've got plenty of time to decide!

STANDARD EDITION

Gamestop: $49.99
Bonus items:
Feral Wolf Charm (Gamestop exclusive) - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds. As if that's not enough, the charm also adds to your armor and increases your health regeneration.
The Memory Ring - Allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and level up more efficiently.
*Digital download option!

Amazon: $46.99
Free Standard Shipping
$10 gift card for a future game purchase at Amazon
Bonus items:
The Lion's Paw Boots - Adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles.

COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Amazon: $59.99
Free Standard Shipping
Bonus items:
The Lion's Paw Boots - Adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Wow, are they out of the CE for PC and 360 at Gamestop? They aren't listed on their site. Glad I preordered it forever ago like a hopeless fanboy. Looks like you can still preorder it a lot of other places, too though.

Memory Ring is available for EA Store and Gamestop purchases:

Made by the Formari, these lyrium-infused rings are supposed to help apprentices retain their lessons. They work rather well -- too well, perhaps, as less capable students sometimes wear three or four per finger.

Stats:
• Adds +1% to XP
• Adds one skill point

EA Store offers the Band of Fire:

Magical fire is used with great care in the construction of these rings. After a few unfortunate incidents of singed eyebrows and burnt hair, there is some speculation that this is why the Formari often shave their heads.

Stats:
• Adds to Stamina
• Adds to fire resist
• Adds to spirit resist

D2D Offers the Dalish Promise Ring:

Intended for a Dalish elf's bethrothed, this enchanted silver band was blessed by the tribe's Keeper to ensure a long, healthy life.

* Dalish Ring Stats:
* -Increased effectiveness of healing effects
* -Subtract damage from darkspawn attacks
* -Increase combat health regeneration

GameCrazy offers the Guildmaster's Belt:

The guilds of Denerim are despised by the peasants of Ferelden because the guildmasters grow fat off their labors. Quite literally in the case of this belt's former owner, who could’ve stood to lose a pound or two.

* Increase monetary gain
* Adds to Cunning
* Increase chance to dodge attacks.

And here's the CE details:

Contains the full version of Dragon Age: Origins plus:
3 exclusive in-game items

* Bergen's honor
* Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
* Final Reason

Exclusive cloth map of the world

The Stone Prisoner downloadable bonus quest and downloadable character, Shale

Downloadable Blood Dragon Armor for both Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2
Bonus DVD containing

* Making of documentary
* Concept art montage
* Digital Soundtrack
* Desktop Wallpapers
* Game Trailers

And more!

* The Stone Prisoner is available through first purchase redemption. A Rave card containing a code and download instructions will be available. The Rave card is not available with digital download copies of the game. The Stone Prisoner can be purchased seperately.

** Blood Dragon Armor is available through first purchase redemption. A Rave card containing a code and download instructions will be available. The Rave card is not available with digital download copies of the game. Blood Dragon Armor works in both Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 (all available platforms).

*** The DA Toolset must be downloaded separately.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:39 pm

NERDS

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm

=[. I love Bioware and Dragon Age!

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am

Dragon Age coming to Steam!

From Chris Priestly, Community Coordinator:
Actually, just this afternoon, we finished up the deal, so I can now confirm that Dragon Age: origins WILL indeed come to Steam.

Now, before you all go running over to Steam to pre-order, the page is not up yet. Both us and the fine folks at Valve are working to make something for you ASAP, but I think it won't be ready till next week. So just us a little time and we'll let you know as soon as it is ready.

Stay Tuned.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:06 am

OMG that is fuckin' awesome! DRAGON AGE 4 PACK!? lolz

I wonder what sort of Steam Feature they'll use, or if it'll just be launchable.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

STEAM IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

:O
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 am

Albedo wrote:STEAM IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!

:O
But Steam is so wonderful!

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Gearbox's CEO made some comments about that actually, Terry. He said he liked Valve, but that it's dangerous to let them take such a hold over the direct download market when they're an actual game developer. I agree with a lot of what he says. Though steam is a great service for players, it might not be so great for small-time developers. I think it would be a good idea to split steam off as a stand-alone company as he suggested.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6232484.html

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Xelissa wrote:Gearbox's CEO made some comments about that actually, Terry.
I think it's a complicated situation. After that comment came out, a few indie devs spoke up about it. I couldn't find the one in particular I was looking for, but did find Tripwire talking about it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=25595

Personally, I'm very impressed with Steam. Valve turned a clunky digital distribution platform into a viable game delivery service. And there's a ton of indie games that would have been completely neglected because of it. It's also, from what I can tell, cheaper to publish through Steam than on a console (which is why there's that $10 premium). *shrugs* I think Gearbox has a point, but I don't think spinning Steam off from Valve really solves anything...
The cake is a lie.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Albedo wrote:
Xelissa wrote:Gearbox's CEO made some comments about that actually, Terry.
I think it's a complicated situation. After that comment came out, a few indie devs spoke up about it. I couldn't find the one in particular I was looking for, but did find Tripwire talking about it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... tory=25595

Personally, I'm very impressed with Steam. Valve turned a clunky digital distribution platform into a viable game delivery service. And there's a ton of indie games that would have been completely neglected because of it. It's also, from what I can tell, cheaper to publish through Steam than on a console (which is why there's that $10 premium). *shrugs* I think Gearbox has a point, but I don't think spinning Steam off from Valve really solves anything...

Like WORLD OF GOO!!!!!! Such a good game.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I still need to download that one.
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm

After doing some reading, I'd strongly recommend getting Dragon Age from Impulse if you're interested in a digital version: http://www.impulsedriven.com/

They're offering the digital deluxe version which is kind of like the digital collector's edition (it comes with the 3 items from the CE and the first DLC Warden's Keep) for $65.

Impulse is a lot like steam in that you can redownload your games from your account. It's not like steam in the fact that you do not have to launch the game from Impulse in order to play it. You don't have to have Impulse running if you're playing a single-player game. It's also much less DRM restricted - you can freely burn backup copies of the game for yourself.

The one downside, of course, is that it doesn't have all of the community features that steam does.

Anyway, as far as single-player games go, I feel that Impulse is the way to go because if your account gets blocked, you'll still have the game, unlike on steam AND you can easily back up the game. I've also said that in a lot of cases if you pay an extra fee, you can have the hard-copy shipped to you. They also have a pretty darn good return policy.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:15 pm

Steam has the Digital Deluxe Version for $54, I looked both up and the Steam version has EVERYTHING the Impulse version has plus a bonus BONUS item ring "The Wicked Oath!"

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Oh, a note. If you have an Impulse account, back in September they sent out emails for a short survey that if you completed, you receive 20% any game you buy or preorder by Nov. 1. It is reusable =D.