Dragon Age Patch

NEEDS MORE ALISTAIR
Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Dragon Age Patch

Post by Albedo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:06 am

There's a patch that can be downloaded from the social site

http://social.bioware.com/game_patches.php

EDIT: Great, the patch makes me feel even worse: they're toning down the easy difficulty. >< *sigh* If only friendly fire were off on normal...
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, easy and normal are both easier. That's why I haven't installed the patch yet, lol. I went to easy mode just to catch up my character but I'm changing back to normal if they're making characters stronger.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:06 pm

I would be completely happy if they just made "friendly fire off" the only difference between easy and normal...not make it easier! Haha it's already pretty much a cake walk. The only time I had trouble was in a battle with a revenant and his cronies.

ALSO, I added everyone I know to my friendlist on the social site. So add me back. :)
The cake is a lie.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:29 pm

I haven't patched and the fight tally talked about in redcliffe was very tough for me on normal... I wish I had two mages :[

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:16 pm

I'm still having trouble with that damn redcliffe fight! There are so many zombies!

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Redcliffe wasn't so bad on easy for me (yay for 2 mages, though)...it was the fight at the castle that almost wiped me haha.
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 pm

It doesn't seem like the changes to normal mode are that different - though to be honest, since downloading the patch I haven't had much party play. The part I was on required my character to be solo for a long time.

Also, the parts I have had a party, I've had Wynne - and let's talk about how AWESOME regen is. Definitely picking it on my main now. 1/2 a level away now!

Picked up the patch for some bug fixes, though. Don't want corruption of character stats, whatever that means =[. If the changes to normal are more severe than they seem, I might ramp it up to a more difficult setting. We'll see how things go.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:13 pm

I haven't noticed a difference either... fuckin' game is still tricky.

I HATE MAGES!

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

for the redcliffe fight if you have a mage with heal I would highly recommend trying to keep a few of the NPCs alive. not only do they help with dps and tanking, but I think when they die they become zombies so more npcs means less zombies.

here's how I beat it:
Morrigan with rank 1 heal
Allistair with shield def and taunt
Lilyana with a bow
my main (dual wield rogue with posions)

had lilyana waay the fuck back up on the path with the archer npc (kept him alive to the end)

send allistair in to get as many on him as he could handle

kited around with morrigan, healing npcs (at the end I had the mayor (Morris?) a melee dude and the archer dude alive) and using drain life to keep her own health up, and using mind blast pretty much whenever i could do slow the dps.

I would have lilyana and my main focus on one zombie for dps, with yellows as the priority. allistair would keep mobs off lilyana and morrigan. once most of the npcs went down, I pulled everyone back and had the npcs and allistair clog the path, with the archers and morrigan in back.

I used TONS of poultices and mana pots on morrigan.

The key thing seems to be keeping NPCs up and focusing DPS so that white zombies are dying every 10 or so seconds. make sure allistair (or your tank of choice) has as much armor as he can, don't worry about his fatigue for this fight.