So I'm a spirit healer now

NEEDS MORE ALISTAIR
manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

So I'm a spirit healer now

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 am

and I'm much sexier than Wynne. Don't you wish I was in your party?

I decided that I liked morrigan so i'd become a full-time healer instead of keeping wynne around. I'm going with crazy mana regen, cheap and easy set-and-forget dps in the form of death magic, and of course the telekinetic set for CC perfection.

I can make forcefields and crushing prisons and walking bombs and skeletons and such. That old bat ain't got nothing on meeee :D

As far as my companions, I've got Zevran going dual-dagger dex/cun lethality stealth sexiness, Alastair is a pure shield tank with taunting, and Morrigan's got the direct damage with cones of cold, aoe stuff (I decided to go with storm of the century type stuff with her. Probably.)

What directions are you going with your PCs? With your companions? Who are you romancing? I'M CURIOUS AND IT'S LATE

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 am

My character is kind of a death dealer like whoa. He's kind of overpowered. I made him an arcane warrior/Blood Mage. Both paths are maxed out. So I'm wearing chain armor, have an arcane sword of awesome and have lots of protection from my arcane warrior buffs. With Blood Magic, I drop an AoE Blood Wound which causes my enemies to be stunned with a DoT. Then I control one of them and they attack their friends. The best part is when there's an ogre. They are fun to control :D

Then I make one target a walking bomb, steal life as necessary from Alistair (sorry bud) and wade in, slashing away. I love it! :D I have Morrigan, Alistair and Leliani in my party. My character is kind of a Man whore, though.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:24 am

I've heard a lot of talk on the forums about people doing arcane warrior/blood mage. They all seem to think it's really awesome, and apparently you can take a LOT of hits! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I was thinking of trying that at a point on another character, but then again, I've already done that origin!

Personally, I love my constant influx of mana. I can keep 2-3 skills sustained and constantly have the mana I need to heal. Of course, one of those sustained skills is the mana-from-dead-things aura. xD

Zevran is soooo much better in combat than Leliana ever was for me. I do miss her bard song and lockpicking, though. Seems I'll have to invest in lockpicking for Zevran which makes me sad :(
Last edited by manekineko on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 am

Yeah the only reason I keep Leliana in my party is for her lockpicking. If I see a chest that I can't open I start to convulse or something. Even though it's probably only a mace of shit -1 I still need to open it haha.

Also now that I've figured out how to make her only use a bow, I'm much happier with her :)

also blood magic + arcane warrior = awesome and OP. Never run out of mana either and if I get low, I just switch to Blood Magic which uses my health and steal health from my companions as needed :D. It's awesome. You should try it sometime. I wish that we could respec in the ge though. I'd change some of the skills I took.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 pm

There are a lot of angry thread about no repecs. I did see that someone was talking on the forums about a way to access the developer console to change skills. Maybe you could look into that?

I totally feel you on the ability/inability to open chests. It makes me flip out when I can't open them! I HATE that Zevran comes without ANY chest opening skills!

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 pm

You aren't able to respec in ANY Bioware games (at least from MY memory), so the point if kind of... moot. Why would they start allowing you now? And how many single-player RPGs offer respec'ing, honestly? Lord knows I can't think of very many. And are people also complaining that you can't respec your party members, because that just wouldn't make sense to me. The people who join your party have certain skills for RP reasons. You shouldn't be able to respec that.

* My Main's a Spirit Healer as well. Maxed out the Creation heal line, the Spirit TK line, the Mage Arcane line, and the Primal Frost line. One skill away from maxing out the Spirit Healer line. I LOVE BLIZZARD. I ALSO STILL LOVE CRUSHING PRISON! And Regen's AMAZING - and group heal, too! I relatively recently got the 2 "blood magic" mage skills from Warden's Keep (they are blood magic, but not in the blood magic line), and though I feel a little guilty about using them, the one that converts health to mana is TOO GOOD TO PASS UP. The animation is a little nauseating though - but at the same time, cool.

* Alastair's my tank (and GOD he's good at it!). Going all-out sword and board.

* Morrigan is my support/CC mage. She's mostly Entropy with some other stuff thrown in here and there. Got her a buff to buff attack for Leilana and Alastair. I've been using the good ol' Sleep + Waking Nightmare combo. Amazing. Also, Curse of Mortality is CRAZY!

* I've been running with Leilana up until this point. I love her ranged dps without having to worry about mana. I JUST finishing maxing out Zevran's lock-picking, so I'll probably try him for awhile to see how that goes, but I will miss Leilana's bard songs. I've been running with the mana/stam regen song because I have two mages, but I recently got her top bard song and it's SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Stand there and sing and EVERYTHING IS STUNNED FOR FOREVER. I might end up swapping her back in because I'll miss this so much.

Oh, by the way, if you guys didn't know - there's an AWESOME mage robe in the magic shop in the Denherim market district. Wearing it on my main =D.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 pm

I love how similarly our stuff turned out, Tally xD

Where are the DLC npcs? WTILL haven't done them and I heard there was good armor and skills/spells to be had. I have to say, templar armor with a sword and shield looks really silly to me.

Agreed on Waking Nightmare--people complain about it not being reliable, but I HIGHLY DISAGREE.

I'm still iffy about the lightning line so I've avoided it--trying to decide between shattering, storm of the century, or entropic death. AOE seems like a priority to me and the hex line just doesn't seem that amazing, to be honest. Blizzard is SOOOO hot--cold is such a great line of spells to have.

Anyone tried death cloud? Seem like a good companion to blizzard? Should I do tempest instead?

I love my alastair--taunt + shield wall + overpower = tanking sexiness. I love being able to forcefield him if need be. Taunt ensures that Zevran gets a lot more backstabbingness.

I definitely picked up that robe when I got the tome. The tevinter one? Yeah, delightful :D

As far as Leliana vs. Zevran, uuuuggghhh--I MUCH prefer Zevran personality-wise. Will roleplaying goodness or min-maxing reign supreme? YOU'LL SEE!

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Albedo wrote:I wish that we could respec in the ge though. I'd change some of the skills I took.
http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/view ... m=135&sp=0

I just ran into this thread. This makes a raven in your camp that allows you to respec your stats and skills.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm pretty happy with the choices I made, and I don't want to risk messing with the stability of the game. But sounds nice for people who really feel like they completely messed up.

I JUST got Death Cloud on Morrigan, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

There's one DLC NPC in camp, the one for Warden's Keep. I kind of just got the other quest for Shale when I zoned once, I think.

Also, Matt - I texted you yesterday with a pokemon question - did you get it?