Warrior Builds

Diamonds are forever... except no
Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Warrior Builds

Post by Nokturnal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Solo PvE build:
Here is the latest update on my soloing/farming/pvp build.

Attached is a video of me soloing 3 elites in Caer Mathos. Normally I would only take 2 to be safe, and not have to use a cooldown (potion or touch of life). But it is possible to take 3 elites part of the time, not that there is any point to it. Pull smart and you don’t need to worry. I think that last mob was bugged somehow, it didn’t seem to be hitting me often, but I can kill 3 elites.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T9qS_yZLNE

Link to new spec:
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...M.EGo0zcMMtz.e

First, this build has been through several iterations. And although Light’s Decree is pimp as hell, I dropped it because to fully take advantage of AOE dps involves too much random luck and positioning. It simply was not worth the sacrifices; although it was thoroughly impressive as an ability.

Next, I dumped windspear. In PVE I don’t use it much and I can LOS anyway. I’m not even going to cover PVP because CC immunity timers have broken several Riftblade abilities. This build did use to be excellent in PVP prior to Trion’s ineptitude and ignoring of obvious bugs, yet fixing Stormcallers right away. That said in the “real world PVP” you should still do fairly well, you’ll be running into people with mixed spec and gear levels, and not just people looking to exploit PVP issues.

To those that hate on TtB: It parses more heals than Karmic Resolution, and is around the same/just a little less than the talisman of the lich (which I use); it is a good ability worth speccing into if you have the points. It also parses more than the heal on block essence. But it is not about what heals for more or what is better, the effects of these heals are cumulative, and you should stack as many abilities as you can. That is what gives you the staying power to take on overly tough things or to handle an unexpected add. Many of these fights I end up healing thousands of damage.

It is true you are more geared to handle melees attacking you than spellcasters, but you’ll do ok.

Single AP builder:

#show rising waterfall
suppressmacrofailures
cast aggressive block
cast retaliation
cast rising waterfall
cast frost strike
cast searing strike
cast disarming counterblow
cast turn the blade
cast light’s hammer
cast stonespear
cast shield throw
cast flamespear

I put aggressive block and retaliation in there because block and heals are your friend, and you want them going off as often as possible. I’ve tried rotations where you put them at the end but it isn’t worth it; you want your block buffed the entire fight, not just when there is not another ability available. Same for heals. The rest of this is to build damage and points as inexpensively as possible.

AOE AP builder:

#show sweeping strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast aggressive block
cast retaliation
cast rising waterfall
cast sweeping strike
cast frost strike
cast thunder strike
cast disarming counterblow
cast turn the blade

Single finisher:

#show strike like iron
Suppressmacrofailures
Cast strike like iron
Cast fiery burst

AOE Finisher:

#show strike like iron
suppressmacrofailures
cast strike like iron
cast storm burst
cast scales of justice
cast earth burst
cast fiery burst

I’m not doing typical finisher here with descending timers leading to GCD’s. The idea is that this is an AOE finisher and you want something that AOE’s. Storm Burst does a couple points less damage than earth burst but hits 7 targets. Scales of Justice also hits many targets. Only at the end would you go for an earth burst, and a fiery burst is in there because it might crit 4x for power returned from planar blade.

Sorry for slow updates- Enjoy.
I've been using this build for lvling on my Warrior. This build is incredibly easy to use. You can't really AoE until you pick up Storm Burst, but single target dps is amazing. Just remove the skills that you don't have yet from the macro.

Original thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.p ... ild-Macros

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm running something quite similar on my warrior for soloing. Looks like the technique is pretty identical for both these builds, but the one you posted goes more into paladins for passives and what-not, and the onle I'm following goes more into paragon for passives. The damage is pretty crazy, especially considering I'm running it sword and shield.

I'd like to share the leveling spec I used while getting to 50 on my warrior. Be aware that this spec is for soloing and dpsing and is not a viable tank spec for dungeons.

Level 15

Around level 15, I found that using a two hander or dual wielding was limiting my ability to take on groups of mobs without dying and I was using drink after virtually every pull. I experimented with several specs before I landed on Riftblade/Paladin/Paragon. The key point of this build is that it uses a sword and shield

At level 15 the spec looks like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cLhu.Eu00z.c.M

Your buffs to use at this level are:
Storm Blade

You'll find that Macro's are your friend in Riftblade specs and there are three main macros you'll want to use:

Single target Builder:
#show Searing Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Flamespear
cast Aggressive Block
cast Searing Strike

AoE Builder:
#show Thunder Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Thunder Strike

Finisher:
#Show Strike Like Iron
suppressmacrofailures
cast Strike Like Iron
cast Earth Burst
cast Fiery Burst

Level 26
By level 26, you'll have a powerful new finisher ability, called Storm burst, not to mention a wealth of new abilities and updated macros.

The updated spec is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...00zcRMzz.V0o.M

Your Buffs for this level are now:
Planar Blade
Shield of the Hero
Aegis of Vitality

Your play style will change slightly as you move toward 26. When you take Riftwalk, you'll now be able to port yourself on top of a mob from 20m away, this is very useful to quickly move between mobs. In PVP it clears all debuffs when you do, and will stun the target for 2seconds, player or NPC.

You'll want to start using Planar Blade for the energy returns on crit and Avatar of Water to reduce your incoming damage, this will allow you to start taking on 2-3 mobs at a time easily and still not need to drink after every fight.

Your Macros will need to be updated as you get new abilities, but at 26 they are:

Single target Builder:
#show Searing Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Flamespear
cast Aggressive Block
cast Frost Strike
cast Searing Strike

AoE Builder:
#show Thunder Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Thunder Strike

Finisher:
#Show Strike Like Iron
suppressmacrofailures
cast Strike Like Iron
cast Storm Burst
cast Earth Burst
cast Fiery Burst

Level 40

Your next significant change in playstyle will come around and just before level 40. By this time you'll have finished putting points into Riftblade and Paladin and will be working up the paragon tree. As you do so, you'll notice a huge increase in DPS as you're able to generate more than 1 Attack point per attack, and therefor can dump Attack points into burst abilities, doing more damage.

Here is the level 40 Spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zcRMtz.Vbo.icL

Your buffs at this level will be:

Planar Blade
Shield of the Hero
Aegis of Vitality
Focus of Strength
Way of the River

Your macros will update to:

Single target Builder:
#show Searing Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Turn the blade
cast Path of the Wind
cast Flamespear
cast Aggressive Block
cast Frost Strike
cast Searing Strike

AoE Builder:
#show Thunder Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Retaliation
cast Turn the blade
cast Thunder Strike

Finisher:
#Show Strike Like Iron
suppressmacrofailures
cast Strike Like Iron
cast Storm Burst
cast Earth Burst
cast Fiery Burst

Be sure to watch your attack points and dump when they reach 3, don't waste attack points.

Level 50

This is the end of the spec and works very well as a combination DPS/Solo/Duo/Daily grinding/Rift Grinding spec. I don't have a lot of extra roles to play with, since most of them are tanking specs and so it's essential to have a single spec that can fill these roles for me.

Here's the final spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c....Vbo.icx0hVb0M

There's some flexibility here, as the final 5 points in Paragon aren't a huge DPS increase. I like it because spending them makes the crit buff stay up virtually all the time. The important point here is that you're getting energy returns off Dodges/Parries/Critical strikes when you're soloing. If you're only dpsing, your energy returns only come from crits, so maxing dex and crit are important if you want to use this build. I continue to use a sword and shield for the survivability aspects, even when dpsing. However, if you want to use this as a DPS only role, consider switching to a two hander and to pure dex/str gear. Dropping paladin for Champ is also an option.

Your buffs are almost the same as level 40, with the exception that you now have a group Str buff, instead of a single target one.

Your final macros are the same as the level 40 ones.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm just amazed at how easy these builds are to use. I pretty much just spam 1 and 2 on my keyboard.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah, melee based builds are often pretty easy. Macros ftw, too, as they're a really big boost to your dps.