Members:

Note: level is at the time of post
Nok - 50 Hunter
Rory - 50 Guardian
Terry - 50 Minstrel
Tyler - 50 Captain
Tally - 50 Burglar

Please post if you:
a. Have a character around the right level range and want to be a part of this group
b. Are listed here and want to be removed from the group
c. Are part of this group and want to discuss playtimes, suggestions for the group, requests for guidelines of leveling/progressing etc.

If you are part of this group, please be part of this discussion to ensure the group stays together and strong.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:55 am

I know that a lot of you guys are eager to progress and see some of the new content with Mines of Moria - I know I am! I'd really like, if possible, to establish a time or two a week that we can all play together to progress in chapters and to go do some of the difficult Mines of Moria stuff. Obviously for many of the quests we won't have to do them as a big group, but there will be instances where we will and that's the time I want to hammer down.

Due to Nok's and Terry's very conflicting work schedules, these are the only times I see available to play together as a large group - what works or doesn't work for you guys?:

1. Friday Night (like after 10pm PST due to the fact that Terry is often out on Fridays)
2. Saturday Afternoon (I know Nok is usually doing stuff with Liza at this time, but I thought I'd post it anyway just to make sure)
3. Saturday Evening (See above comment)
4. Saturday Night (See above comment)
5. Sunday Afternoon
6. Sunday Evening

Note: Rough understanding of my concept of afternoon, evening, and night (these aren't the times I'm proposing, just the time range):
Afternoon: 12-4pm
Evening: 5-8pm
Night: 9pm-12am or 1am

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:10 am

I'm good the following times:

Mon-Thurs 3-8 PST
Fri usually 10-?? PST
Saturday usually 10-?? PST
Sunday ??-8 PST

Now on Fri/Sat, if we know in advance or if we can set up a static time then 90% of the time I should be free one of those nights at any time. So basically, the times that cross with Eric are the ones Tally posted.

I really, really want to do some Moria stuff! So respond everybody :D
The cake is a lie.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:45 am

What will happen during the week? I wouldn't want you guys to stop progressing just because I'm not available during the week.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:45 am

my availability is pretty flexible, so I should be able to do whatever everyone else can

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:58 am

nokturnal wrote:What will happen during the week? I wouldn't want you guys to stop progressing just because I'm not available during the week.
not exactly sure, but we could probably find some other stuff to do, or do stuff on our own and then redo it when you're available.

we haven't done anything yet cuz we've been waiting for you guys.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:07 am

The way I was thinking was to do easy-ish quests and stuff during the week, and then by the time the weekend rolls around have a difficult chapter instance or high-end instance to run together. It would just take some coordination and checking in with each other to make sure we'd all be there by the time we can all play together.

If there's some stuff where you need another person or two, Nok, Tyler and I are usually available the hours you usually play. Just post on the forum and we can make sure to help you with it.

It's looking like Friday night, Saturday night, and possibly a Sunday afternoon or evening is what we've narrowed down to based on Terry's schedule. What about you, Nok? Which of these are good/bad?

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:09 am

Xelissa wrote:The way I was thinking was to do easy-ish quests and stuff during the week, and then by the time the weekend rolls around have a difficult chapter instance or high-end instance to run together. It would just take some coordination and checking in with each other to make sure we'd all be there by the time we can all play together.
This seems like a good system -- we did it to a lesser extent when we were playing before, because you would play more than us. So we'll just keep each other updated on which easy stuff we get done and what our "hard" goal is for the next group play session.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:52 am

Hay Rory: what are your LotRO plans? Do you wanna try and play regularly with us, or do your own stuff and link up for the difficult stuff like we're doing with Nok, or what? It's all good for us -- we wanna play with you, but don't wanna make it tough on you. Just let us know what you're thinking <3

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:59 pm

With Rory around, it'll be easy mode! We won't be able to use our epic kiting skills on bosses anymore T.T

Friday night should work out, unless I have plans. If so, I can just keep you guys posted. It's harder for me to be on during Saturday and Sunday afternoons. If I'm on the computer playing, then there's not much for Liza to do. Sunday evenings may work for me, since we're usually just watching TV anyways.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:04 pm

I feel bad because us lowbies are keeping you from your content :(

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Okay, so it sounds like Friday nights and/or Sunday evenings would be best.

Do either/both of these work for you, Rory?

Do you guys want to try for both times, on a week-to-week basis? For example, I know that some weeks one or the other will probably not work out for everyone based on their plans, so if we try for both we will probably always have at least one time a week to play together, and sometimes two.

Overall, I'm pretty open to hours on Friday nights and Sunday evenings. I know that Terry mentioned that many Fridays he's occupied until 10pm PST and he'll have to go to bed by around 8pm PST on Sundays.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Hey, Rory -- we'd appreciate a brief response on this thread. We wanna know what your plans are, so we can act accordingly. We haven't done any of the new content yet, so that if you're hoping to do it all with us we don't get ahead of you. If you're not wanting to do all of it with us, though, we wont wait. Both options work for us, just wanna know!

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Hmm, well unfortunately due to the weather UPS hasn't been able to reach our house. That means Roryo and LotR:O:MoM have yet to meet each other. So I'm going to be a few more days. :) It's my intention to play with you guys though, but if you don't feel like waiting you can do as you please. In the means time... family fun! whee

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:36 pm

That sucks, Rory =[. Is the snow really bad down there? It's starting to rain up here so a lot of it is melting (yay - I can go out into civilization without wondering if I'll die from slipping on the roads now!).

Anyone have a preference for times on Friday night and Sunday evening?

Friday 10-12pm PST?
Sunday 6-8pm PST? 5-7pm PST?

Do people want to plan to do a little bit of the epic quest this Sunday (tomorrow), in the evening with Nok? Not the Mines of Moria epic, but the Shadows of Angmar one - we have several more books to finish, now! Then when Rory reactivates his subscription, we can do it again with him. Otherwise, we'll have to wait almost another week to progress Nok through the epic quest.