The Jeff (and Jon?) Group

Thorog ate our fingers :[
bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:59 pm

I think they're all 6 manners, yup, and to get the piece you have to do a "hard mode" run... and I'm not sure what that entails exactly. You have to do a bunch of special things. And ya, a token drops for you to buy your item.

I think the only 3 man instances are the Library and the School in Eregion.

Insurrection was able to 6 man The Rift before mines of Moria came out... we'll have to do that sometime :D

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Heck yeah. I'm sure we can six man The Rift. :D

Thanks for the info. Yay for tokens. :)
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm

<--- wants to do the rift and eventually end-game instances! o.o

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm going to give LOTRO a little bit more time, but it really is not my thing. I love playing with everybody and appreciate the hand holding while doing the quest, but I have no motivation to log in. If I were to try and quest solo, would you all be able to catch up? I think me doing some stuff on my own and leveling a bit with everybody else will help me determine if I am going to stick with this game or not.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:46 pm

I hope you do stick with it, Jeff. :( I really have a lot of fun playing with you. Do you know what it is you don't like about it?

But yeah, if you think it'll help you, go ahead and keep playing...we can catch up if need be. I wish there was a magical switch I could turn that would make you love it as much as I do. T_T I'd love to get you to the end game so we can tackle FUN dungeons and bosses.

<---Sad panda.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Maybe runekeeper isn't your thing? I'd sample some other classes (hunter?) before I shelf the game.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 pm

I really do not like the questing. I know it is the same as any other MMO, but I like the helpful arrows and map markers. It is dull and nothing new or inventive in my opinion. I feel like Warhammer is more of my type of game. Easy questing, PvE you can solo and do in groups, and also plenty of PvP. The only bad thing was it got old fast, unfortunately.

I feel like the Rune Keeper is the class I want to stick with, I like the play style a lot.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:06 am

The biggest thing about LOTRO in my opinion is the STORY. Have you been paying attention to what's going on? I think it's really cool how they immerse you into what's going on - it feels like what your character is doing has some kind of effect, and that the NPCs you do quests for are there for other reasons than just giving you quests so you can go out and level. I understand if that's not really interesting to you, but it's really the most interesting and novel idea in my opinion.

Most of the quests early on are pretty easy to do on your own, and if you're confused about where to go USUALLY the quest log will point you to the right area.

You could also go try out PvMP out in the Ettenmoors on a Monster Character. I think there's usually a good deal of action out there.