IT'S PATCH DAY! :D

Thorog ate our fingers :[
Albedo
set feyzors to stun

IT'S PATCH DAY! :D

Post by Albedo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 am

YAY!!!! :D

Unfortunately, I probably won't be on too much tonight. Sadface.
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm excited to see Lothlorien, but I'm wondering if we shouldn't hold off a few days while the OMG-FIRST-TO-FINISH group storms in there first, taking all the spawns and hogging all the NPCs.

On a related note... I don't see anything in the FG patch notes that suggests you will have to get uniforms, but who knows, they could have just not put it in the notes. I would not be very surprised if it is true that after you storm the mess hall for the first time, it does not reset and the doors don't reopen. The notes don't mention fixing the Lost One (last boss of 16th Hall) and THAT'S a bug that I'm sure they fixed.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking we should wait for Lothlorien until we've completed the epic quests? They'll take us there, anyway.

Hmmm...it's strange about FG. Maybe it's an undocumented fix?
The cake is a lie.

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:15 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if all the instance exploits are still there... after all, they were there at MoM launch and haven't been fixed yet.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Wow, Kian, my warden, gained 3 levels. Went from 27 to 30! :D
The cake is a lie.

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 am

I only got 1 and 2/3rds of a level on my Burg. Sigh. At least I'm almost 44 now instead of not close to 43.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 am

Yeah, I think my Champion hit 43. It really helped my lower classes, though. Warden went from 27 to 30, Hunter went from 13 to 16 and my runekeeper went from 16 to .25 of a bar away from 20.

It's nice getting "free" levels! :D

Also, the change to the Minstrel ballads looks great on paper. I'll have to see what happens in combat. The new icons startled me. Each ballad gives a +5% healing boost for 10 seconds (unfortunately, it doesn't look like the ballad-lengthening trait extends that bonus), so you can get some nice buffs going from the looks of it....not sure if they stack or not, though. Probably not.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 am

Mmmm, 5% healing bonuses :D

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:17 am

Your minstrel is probably level 30 now too Matt :D

Oh and the change to Soliloquy was pretty substantial. With the trait equipped pre-patch it was HoTing for 72 hp/3 seconds. With the patch change that made the legendary affect it it went to 90 hp/3 secs. Much better!
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Albedo wrote:Your minstrel is probably level 30 now too Matt :D

Oh and the change to Soliloquy was pretty substantial. With the trait equipped pre-patch it was HoTing for 72 hp/3 seconds. With the patch change that made the legendary affect it it went to 90 hp/3 secs. Much better!
WOW 30 HP A SECOND!!!!

wait

But level 30 is sexy! Here's to hoping.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm

It's not meant to be your main heal ;P I use it either as a buffer on those who get hit but aren't getting constantly hit, so that I can focus on the main tank. A lot of bosses that we've fought recently will do something that hurts someone its not really focusing on. So, if the person isn't getting constantly hit, a HoT will usually take care of it so I can focus on the MT. :)

With my legendaries, it lasts for a full 60 seconds, only costs around 50 power and heals for 90/3 secs (1,800 over a minute)...I'd say that's helpful. Would I like it to heal a lot more? Of course, but it's an instant, throwaway heal and I like it for what it is. It does its job :)

You should be level 30 b/c you are a bit higher in xp than me so if I hit 30 don't see why you wouldn't :D
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

bluexy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if all the instance exploits are still there... after all, they were there at MoM launch and haven't been fixed yet.
They documented fixing a good number of them. They made it so you can't skip bosses in Forges anymore by running off during the scripted part where the rocks fall away. They also made it so that nemeses and bosses that were being rooted are unrootable now. You cannot fight the trolls of the Forgotten Treasury in the Uruk bosses room (thus bypassing the killer reduction of morale). The list goes on.

Depending on how long it takes us to get through the epic, I wouldn't mind just doing some rep grinding in Lothlorien before the epic takes us there. Maybe in a few days or a week from now, if we aren't there already yet. The epic lets you get into the forests, bypassing the acquaintance req, but you still need friend to get into the city.

My Minst went from 50 to 52. I was pretty happy =D.