Now what?

Rogue tanking was clearly the best, amirite?
Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Now what?

Post by Nokturnal » Fri May 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Last night was a little disappointing. We had some decent dps and heals, but just not enough to take down a boss. I know we did so much better than the first time, but having the boss enrage at 35% meant that we weren't really THAT close. It makes me a little sad that we can't clear the only content that was made available to us. Any thoughts or comments?

PS. My account ends on July 3rd. Unless something drastic happens in June, I will most likely not renew.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Fri May 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I'm sad that people are leaving, but I think I'd like to stay on until a) content gets fixed/gets better/we get more of it, or b) we ALL find something else to subscribe to. A major part of playing MMOs for me is not because I personally need new challenges in the game, because frankly I don't really care. It's mostly about spending time with you all and keeping up with you in vent. Because of that, I'm of course going to "move with the wind" and change to whatever we're doing, but I'm going to keep subscribing to SOMETHING to fill our time (unless everyone unsubscribes, obviously).

As a side note, I'd like to point out that this is the first time ever that we've all gotten to end-game. Personally, it's a big accomplishment, and I know a few of us feel similarly. If we're going to do stuff all together, for now this is it. I'm sure that games like SWTOR will separate us again since Jackie and I simply don't have the same amount of time to invest and need to solo at least 80% of content. While I obviously respect your decisions to leave, I'd like to get as many opportunities as I can to play with you all before everyone leaves, because after this, it'll be a while!

I've felt more a part of things than EVER during our time with Rift and I'm glad we're at the point that we're at right now. Thanks again for helping us along so much and keeping the fun rolling!

Any burnouts interested in playing Brink with us? I'll gladly medic for you!

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Fri May 27, 2011 4:54 pm

I feel the same way about a lot of things as Matt. I'm still having fun with Rift - and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that at least until recently we've had so many of us playing it on a regular basis. I've been pretty much done with my gear for weeks, but I'm still having fun doing dungeons with people and helping them get gear because that's what it's about for me - playing with people.

There's also nothing out right now and nothing coming up really soon that I'm interested in playing. I'm sticking it out for now unless most people quit. I'm happy to play alts too when we're not getting people geared, but I know that doesn't interest a lot of people.

Depending on how many people stick around, we may even have a chance to try Gilded Prophecy again with 10 people (would have to get some combination of Naz, Wally, Jeff, or Greg leveled and geared). And if not, there's always the hope they'll add more 5-person content.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri May 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm gonna keep playing Rift for as long as I can. I'd like to clear GP, and I think what we need is a tenth person (actually a ninth and tenth, since we need to replace Rory). Naz has reached 50, and Wally is about there -- I say we aim to gear those guys out as much as possible and try again.

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Sat May 28, 2011 12:19 am

This is the first game I've ever reached max level in. Ever. Other than GW, which doesn't really count.

I probably won't be purchasing SWTOR or the next MMO people jump to simply because I am tired of being frustrated that I never get to end game and that I have to solo all of the time. It's not worth putting in the time to me when it's not at all fun. That's what I loved about Rift: it was fun because I actually knew I could make it to end game, and I could solo things without issue. Matt and I could two-man things without issue. It was great.

Moral of the story: I am still having a lot of fun with Rift, and I too want to stick with it as long as possible since it'll be the only game before GW2 that I'll be playing with everyone.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Sat May 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Wally just got to 50 and he's been doing randoms. Shouldn't take long to gear him up but the toughest part will be his schedule, since he's in Japan. I wouldn't mind running GP again. At least it gives me something to do on a regular basis.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Sat May 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Tally and I have freer schedules now, so hopefully we can find a time to make work.

I'm certainly open to hearing other suggestions about how to make the game more enjoyable for folks. If you'd like to schedule times to do more stuff (e.g. expert rifts, or raid rifts where we invite random people) I will attend if at all possible.

We (me, Tally, Terry, and Lydia) ran DSM with Wally last night, it was fun! He got a couple decent drops I think, and plaques.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 am

Anybody want my stuff? I have random materials, that's about it.