Defensive Passives

ZOMG MEGA-DESTROIDS!!1!11
Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Defensive Passives

Post by Xelissa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Someone posted this on the CO Forums and I thought it was interesting, so I thought I'd share it:
And FYI, I HAVE in fact tried most of the defensive powers in PvP and this is MY experience.

Personal Force Field: With a High Ego and constant Blocking the character can handle huge amounts of incoming damage but really isn't able to hurt anyone in the process.

Invulnerability: Similar results to PFF but overall a weaker power in PvP.

Regeneration: With High Dex, Ego and Con a character with this power will laugh at almost anyone in PvP that tries to kill him. If he gets hurt he just Blocks for 10 seconds and recovers full heath.

Reflexes: Combined with High Dex and Acrobatics this power is literally insane in PvP as the character is avoiding most damage while bouncing off the walls.

Frankly, if any of the passives need to be tweaked for PvP, Invulnerability needs a buff.
A bit of clarification. After reading some other posts, it seems that though regen does not directly benefit from any stats (except possibly from con - more hp), it's bugged at the moment so with high dex and ego you're crit healing like whoa. A lot of people are saying Lightning Reflexes isn't very good, but maybe acrobatics makes some difference. Dunno.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah, the dex/ego people are loving regen because of all the crits. Seems ridic.

Lightning Reflexes is hotness.