Ego scaling with Id Blades

ZOMG MEGA-DESTROIDS!!1!11
Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Ego scaling with Id Blades

Post by Xelissa » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Not sure if this applies to you or not, Terry, but I thought it might be useful to you:

http://forums.champions-online.com/show ... t=defiance

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm feeling a bit better taking Ego/End now. :) I was thinking about looking into Shadow Form as another passive as well. My thought was that I could create two builds, one with Shadow Form, one with PFF. This way when we start out a battle, I could be in Shadow Form and then, if I started being a huge target, switch to Build 2 which would be PFF since switching between builds is instant, with a cooldown.

Thoughts?
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:16 pm

The only possible problem I could see with this is that when you switch builds, or when you equip a different or new passive, do you get the full effect right away? For instance, say you have PFF that absorbs 2000 damage - when you switch to that, do you immediately get this 2000 damage shield, or does it start at say, 500 and then slowly regen up to 2000? I really don't know.

Or what if you start off being a huge target right away and have to switch to PFF? Builds have what, a 5 minute cooldown? 2? I don't remember. Would that end up being annoying?

But I guess either way PFF would definitely be useful in PVP and Shadow Form would be useful in PVE, so even if the answer is yes to these questions, there's still a reason for you to take both =]

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Terry--if it helps, I'm going the same route--regen rank 3, electric form rank 2.

I'm counting on the devs to make offensive passives better--they're ridiculous right now. I think they'll get balanced in the other direction. I think the idea of "build 1" "build 2" is to be able to switch between different roles. In general, I'll try to do electric form for most PVE barring tough/instanced areas and regen for other situations (as long as offensive forms get buffed--right now I'm regen full-time.)

In the same manner, you can get shadow form and pff/field surge--that is, if you have enough advantage points. I think it's a good idea and gives us an edge if we need to push our offense or defense in certain situations. :)