Post Patch TK Build

ZOMG MEGA-DESTROIDS!!1!11
Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post Patch TK Build

Post by Albedo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:50 pm

I wanted to start over again so that the post isn't so unwieldy! Here's what I've come up with so far...there's one skill still missing...thoughts on where I placed the advantages?

Post Patch TK: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Ego
Level 13: Super Endurance

Powers:
Level 1: Kinetic Dart -- Incisive Wit, Accelerated Metabolism
Level 1: Ego Blade Frenzy -- Rank 2, Unnerving Rage
Level 5: Telekinetic Shield -- Rank 2
Level 5: Swinging -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 8: Personal Force Field -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 11: Thunderbolt Lunge -- Essence Assault
Level 14: Ego Hold
Level 17: Telekinetic Eruption -- Enhanced Form
Level 20: Ego Blade Breach -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 23: Field Surge -- Rank 2
Level 26: Sonic Device -- Rank 2
Level 29: Ego Annihilation -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 32: Shadow Shroud
Level 35: Ego Storm (or Frost Breath??)
Level 35: Flight
Level 38: Nanobot Swarm -- Rejuvenating Injectors

Talents:
Level 1: Impetus
Level 6: Indomitable
Level 9: Ascetic
Level 12: Energetic
Level 15: Boundless Reserves
Level 18: Enduring
Level 21: Daredevil
Last edited by Albedo on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Looks pretty strong as far as I can tell, Terry - I just have a couple questions/comments.

1. You're getting some skills/advantages that put you in Ego Form or in um, stances? that count as Energy Forms (advantage to kinetic dart, advantage to TK eruption, Field Surge). Do these stack with Shadow Form, which also counts as an energy form, or does one override the other? They probably stack, I just don't know.

2. If I were you, I might try to put some rank ups in the shield and sonic device. Probably only one additional rank for each. Adding another rank of shield adds what, like 100% more absorption? Or is it 50%? Either way, I feel like another rank is well worth it. I also feel like people think that ranking up sonic device makes a pretty big difference, but I don't have any numbers offhand. Maybe pull some points out of shadow form and field surge for these? Shadow form because of the whole "% is being applied to base, not on top of your other bonuses, it's not adding as much as it sounds like it is, blah blah" and field surge maybe because it's only a once-every-90-seconds skill?

3. Maybe Collective Will (for a little bit of paranormal debuff) or Ego Storm from Telepathy might work into your build as your last slot? Or Nanobot Swarm from Gadgeteering to remove 30 seconds from cooldowns?

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:19 pm

I would absolutely recommend moving some advantage points toward sonic device. I'd bring shadow form to rank 2 to make this change.

I agree--nanobot swarm is good for the - to cooldowns but it also has a cheap and easy hot attached to it which may come in handy--you'd need advantage points for that. Additionally, a lot of people I've dueled using TK/TP builds use ego hold then hit with a sonic deviced ego blade breach and ego storm at nearly the same time for a huge spike. Maybe you should investigate this?

Overall very solid. Ego/End will make PFF very strong and seems perfect for what you're trying to accomplish as well.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:51 pm

So...ego storm or frost breath? I think I'm going to take nanobots for the final one, maybe with the HoT advantage?

Also...what about getting rid of Shadow Form and simply taking Shadow Shroud, which will add damage and I can use it without having to switch builds?

Updated my first post with new changes based on your suggestions...do you think one additional rank in the shield is enough or should I get rid of something else to make it happen?
The cake is a lie.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am

I'd probably go with Frost Breath, if it stays in its current form. A tap for a guaranteed 21 second snare is amazing for melee. As far as Shadow Shroud goes, that might be a good idea, but it might put your Field Surge on cooldown, I'm not sure. A lot of those 60 second or 90 second skills put all of them on a 30 second cooldown, so you should investigate this. I've heard that the hot on Nanobot Swarm is pretty bad, but this is just secondhand - I don't have actual numbers. Rank 2 of shield is probably good unless you find yourself blocking a ridiculous amount of the time endgame.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:53 am

I was wondering about the cooldown trigger with Shroud/field surge. I wasn't sure, though when I looked at the descriptive it doesn't say anything about the global cooldown, when skills like field surge do...so I wasn't sure. If it does put it on a cooldown then yea I probably won't go for it.

The hot on nanobot swarm isn't very good (400 over 12 secs I think it reads) so I'm not sold on that either...not having it would give a couple more advantage points to play with.

Thanks for the help guys! :D
The cake is a lie.