PF Group A: Campaign Log

Poog say Zargonel is the best...
Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

PF Group A: Campaign Log

Post by Xelissa » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Every week one PC (or more) will post a summary of what occurred in the session for those who weren't there. You can choose to post it in-character, out of character - however you want!

Whoever posts a session report (multiple reports from different PCs of the same session are okay!) will receive additional XP at the next session!

Format: Just make sure to give it a session heading so people know which one you're talking about!

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Scar's Journal, Day 1 - Sandpoint Festival, the Goblin Raid

Post by bluexy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:43 am

Damn it all, I could kill a halfling if it'd make this itch would go away. Bah! Lilling short, smelly creatures was what got me in this mess in the first place I suppose. At least halflings didn't ruin the best meal I've had in months! Sandpoint sure can throw a festival. Killing a few goblins was well worth the entertainment of the day.

That's getting ahead of myself, I suppose. Asral gave me a stack of parchment and ink earlier today, said writing would help keep my mind off the itching. Suppose the ol' half-orc was getting tired of my fidgeting -- especially since it involved juggling a dagger two. I almost started right there, if it wasn't for Vasariah's judging eyes lookin' at me as if she was struggling to imagine I could manage to write at all. Damned woman's eyes are always judging. Or maybe she's just undressing me in her imagination... I'll ask her later.

But yes! Let me tell you about how I became the hero of Sandpoint today! Strong, handsome and proud as I am, I walked straight into the finest tavern in Sandpoint, The Hagfish, and demanded a try at their legendary challenge. To drink a cup of, erm, well, I'm not entirely sure what it was. Hagfish goo or something, whatever a hagish. I'd heard of the even further up the coast a few weeks back and made it my goal. So I says to the tavernkeep, "Bring me the hagfish drink." In awe, he drew a cup of the poisonous brew and handed it to me. I drank the cup down and smiled. The full bar went up in furious applause! Several nobles came and shook my hand. I hadn't even grimaced at the brew. In fact, I drank 5 more cups to prove a point and then carved my name in the tavern's ceiling. They handed me a sack of what must have been a hundred gold coins and I bid them adieu. I'm certain they're still talking of me right now.

Children gathered around me as I left the tavern, all asking advice for how they could become as strong as I. As if they could, the runts. It was then that Asral and Albedo, drawn by the crowd around me, met me once more. Ah, I'll admit I was quite happy to meet up with them again. Reliable folk, they are. Though I must say that Albedo had had quite a bit to drink and vomited multiple times as we made our way through town.

As the town gathered for the speaches that would kick off the festival, Vasariah drew up to us in the crowd. A noticible bunch we were, two half-orcs, a drunken sorcerer of some renown -- plus word was already spreading about my conquering of the hagfish. Perhaps Vasariah had heard I was in town. Anyway, the speaches were boring and I can't recall their subject. Something about a cathedral. Ah, the Gods bore me. Food, drink and entertainment, however...

The four of us made our way about town, partaking in an assortment of events that the town was holding for visitors. Albedo, despite his drunkenness, won a weightlifting event, putting a local thug in his place in the process. Asral also partook, but let himself be beaten in order to impress a woman. Still, she didn't seem interested. Perhaps because she knew I could best the lot of them if I had participated. Ah, but a man must let his comrades enjoy the festival as well!

From there we went to the tug-of-war where once more Asral and Albedo, along with the woman Asral was flirting with -- a beast of a woman with uncommon strength -- took to a feat of strength. The three quite possibly tore the arms off of three Sandpoint citizens! Perhaps they overdid it. Eh, the citizens congratulated us all the same.

The third event was one of breath-holding. As we arrived at the area of the event a young thing with her bosom hanging out for the boys held her breath a decent stretch of time. As they are, both Asral and Albedo chased after her, though to little result. They both tried their hand at holding their breath, losing so as to not made sad the young woman. Angry that she would spurn my friends, as she obviously only had eyes for me, I decided to participate as well. Naturally I won, holding my breath at least 10 times longer than the local citizenry. Both Asral and Albedo nodded knowingly at me. It was a good thing I took control of the situation.

Finally we tried our hand at the talent show. By this point the citizenry was frustrated that my band of friends was winning everything. So while Asral gave an excellent speach that would have impressed kings, Albedo performed some magics the likes of which the town might never have seen, and I danced so beautifully the audience was beset with tears, they awarded the win to a young singer from town. The boy new he was undeserving, though Albedo made sure to compliment the lad and offered to spend the festival with him, perhaps to rebuild the boy's self confidence.

Oh, I won a sack-race somewhen during the festival as well. Ah, it's tough to recall all of my victories.

Then the feast began and oh what a feast it was. There was venison and salmon and chowder. Poor Albedo was still quite sick, so he avoided the seafood.

Just as I was finishing my meal the goblins attacked.

The green bastards were everywhere, as if they had popped out of the ground. Do goblins come from the ground? Anyway, they went after the food, they chased after the townsfolk, they died by the score to the swords and magics of myself, and my three friends.

Firstly we killed a group of the disgusting things who were stealing the festival foods. The food would still have been good if Albedo hadn't covered the cart in acid. Then we went about the town attempting to clear as many of the goblins as possible, while protecting the citizenry as we could.

Ultimately we ended up battling a large group of goblins, led by a giant one who rode upon a hairless dog. Unharmed up to this point, our party once again cleared out the goblins with little difficulty. However, Asral was distracted at one point and I threw myself between him and the dog in order to protect him. That's how I got a nasty bite, along with this terrible itch that hasn't seemed to fade.

Thankfully goblins are stupid things and while they lit several fires, it didn't appear as if the damage and harm would prove too signficant for the city of Sandpoint.

Some noble we saved, I forget his name, is paying for us to stay at a tavern in town. It's not as well known or as quality as The Hagish, but it will do. Perhaps tomorrow a new festival will be held for my friends and I, what since we saved the town from the goblins. Or, perhaps, we'll follow the retreating goblins and put an end to their mayhem at the source. Dog slicers only sell for so much gold, and they've certain to have something more valuable back at camp...

Gah! This itch! It couldn't have been the hagfish, could it? Perhaps I'll go ask Vasariah to provide an extra hand, right? The last time I asked she didn't look as disgusted as she could have. That's a good sign, eh?

moui
card carrying atheist

Re: PF Group A: Campaign Log

Post by moui » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:59 pm

/approve

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 pm

+1 story of awesome.
The cake is a lie.

Michelle
protection warrior

Post by Michelle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Sandpoint Day 2: A truncated internal monologue

Looks like everyone's sleeping off a hangover. Seems like I've missed some goblin slaying. That's too bad. Just me and Albedo for the time being. Started the day at The Hagfish, and dominated a cup of swill. I've had worse. Then went to see if anyone else had plans for the day. Oh look, lady with a low neckline hitting on Albedo. Seems they have some history...and now he's agreed to 'take care of some rats in her basement.'

Didn't take him a whole lot of time to come back. At least Vasariah's joined us now. Now there's some fop approaching her. It seems he's smitten. She looks uninterested. Pity. He buys everyone a horse. I decline. My own two feet are fine, thanks, and I'd rather not be responsible for the care and feeding of another living being for now. We go boar hunting. Victory is delicious. Would've been even better if the innkeeper's father hadn't interrupted. He made some very interesting statements about drawing more goblins by killing some goblins. Will have to pursue that line of thought later. Apparently he's rich and unbalanced.

The following day starts bright and early with the request to go investigate some crypt. Skeletons die. There might be more, judging from the state of that bone cloak. A body's gone missing. No clue why.

We find out more about the city's dark history. Some woodcarver five years ago saw fit to sacrifice his eyes and tongue to a demon...along with the eyes and tongues of some two dozen others he murdered. Hopefully, not connected with the current events. That would be dark and unpleasant. My gut tells me otherwise, unfortunately. Vasariah leaves to find out more.

Troubled people seem drawn to us. A woman with a goblin bitten child stop us on the streets. We find her dead husband and kill a goblin that's materialized in her house. The tunnel in the closet leads nowhere. I wish we had some answers. This is getting ridiculous.

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:55 pm

I really want to know what you guys did to piss off the General Goods merchant.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Jax wrote:I really want to know what you guys did to piss off the General Goods merchant.
Let's just say that Alb--er, someone, was caught in flagrante...with his daughter.
The cake is a lie.

Jax

Post by Jax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Albedo wrote:
Jax wrote:I really want to know what you guys did to piss off the General Goods merchant.
Let's just say that Alb--er, someone, was caught in flagrante...with his daughter.
Was she hot, at least?

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Jax

Post by Jax » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Wow. High five, Albedo!

Michelle
protection warrior

Post by Michelle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:20 pm

There was some bodice ripping.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:01 pm

oh damn

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Scar's Journal - What day is it?

Maybe it was the goblin's dog-beast's bite or maybe it was the hagfish's revenge, but I spent a good time in bed. How much time? Eh, enough to know I missed something important happening in the city. When I awoke, as I'm wont to do, things seemed quite the same. I was still a hero of Sandpoint, along with my merry band of perplexing fellows, and I was still thirsty. So, what is a thirsty hero to do in a town that seems quite boring? Why, drink and be a frightful pain in the arse, of course!

Let me be completely honest here. I recall very little of that day. We'd been invited to stay in this inn, The Dragon I believe it was. So, we partook of the innkeeper's hospitality by drinking the place dry. Oh, and by we I mean the most esteemed dragon-slayer Albedo and I. Dragon-slayer staying in an inn named the dragon. That's funny. Anyway, we drank a lot. It's all quite blurry from there. I recall a goblin sitting at a table near by... slicing vegetables? The goblin later cooked us dinner and that was wonderful. The reason I remember that part of the evening is Orc visited us at some point and interrogated the goblin for Albedo and I. He confirmed my suspicions that it was indeed a goblin, but that this she-goblin was quite friendly. I believe Albedo later seduced the goblin. Sorcerors, they're interesting folk.

I'd later learn what else the party was up to that day. The dwarf spent the day searching for pie. The barbarian-queen also ate some of the pie. Orc found cookies and then shared the cookies with me. I believe he also went to the library?

Wait, did we meet the Mayor at some point? There was an elf lady as well. She was at dinner? Ah, my head spins at all of this remembering. Something was going on in the countryside involving lots of goblins, I believe it involved clans of the disgusting creatures potentially working together. There was talk of goblin heroes or something. I doubt they'd match the strength of the Sandpoint heroes! Hah, I bet that barbarian queen Vasariah could take them all single-handedly! But let me get back to the point. Dinner was excellent. Oh, and I believe we were tasked with protecting the town of Sandpoint while something something, the mayor was involved.

The next day things changed. A servant girl (was it a girl? A halfling? I was quite hungover) came and told us that her master had disappeared overnight. I can't recall the master's name. Anyway, the drama involved the master's brother and father and the company they ran. So, at Orc and barbarian-queen's insistence we went to investigate the missing master at this glass-blowing factory. Ah, the factory. I wish we'd stayed in the inn drinking.

The stinking factory was quiet, where it should have been bustling with industry. So, I jimmied the lock and we went inside. What we found was disturbing. Blood, destruction, and ultimately the corpses of all the factory workers as well. How their screams didn't alert the entire neighborhood I don't understand. It's probably worth further investigation. The culprits were of course goblins. At least a dozen or two of them. We slaughtered them with little remorse. Small comfort to the factory workers, but it was the bit of justice we could afford them.

Orc and Vasariah are currently, erm, interviewing one of the damn goblins we managed to tie up while I finish writing this. I figure it'd be good to have record of what's happened today should something happen. You see, the goblin says there's someone leading them, a half-elf by the sound of it. A half-elf that sounds a lot like the brother of the person we're searching for. There's a good chance he or one of his servants is still in the building up the stairs further on. As soon as we're... done with this goblin, that's where we're going next.

Yes, and the dwarf has just punched the last goblin's skull out of its head. I think that means the interview is over. Let's go ahead and move up the stairs now, though maybe we should have a closer look at this figure encased in glass that looks an awful lot like the father of the brother of the person we're searching for. What have we got ourselves involved in?

bluexy
BATMEOWN

Post by bluexy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Things have gone all to hell since the last time I wrote in this journal. None of us have died, but to be honest that's quite a surprise. At the moment I'm recovering from some sort of rather nasty spell, my mind is full of terrible, increasingly disturbing thoughts (though some are also quite pleasing, perhaps even therapeutic). Hopefully I didn't act too many too many of those thoughts out among the group. Heheh.

Let's see, so where was I. Yes. We had just cleared the upper rooms of the Glassworks factory of goblins and discovered the owner, the kiddnapped woman's father, dead and encased in glass. It was gross beyond belief. LET'S MOVE ON.

Proceeding downstairs we came upon a number of store rooms, an office, etc. It was surprisingly run down, with large piles of rubble in the hallway. As we explored a goblin discovered us and quickly ran into a side-room. The goblins had yet to be any significant threat, but by now we'd tired of patience. We gathered around the room we'd seen the goblin had gone into and Orc kicked down the door.

Inside this rather small room we found a half-elf, who we'd find out was the kidnapped woman's sister, and of course two goblins. If we ever see another goblin it will be too soon. Luckily we caught the group off guard, because the three were suddenly one as the dwarf, the barbarian woman and Orc rushed into the room and slaughtered the orcs. The half-elf, a hand-to-hand expert of some kind and obviously well-trained, tried to escape from the room acrobatically, but found a dwarf, an orc and barbarian woman aren't easy folk to dance around. Basically, the half-elf had the shit pummeled out of him. He bloodied a nose or two, I'll give him that, but you don't escape from confined spaces with those three surrounding you.

After the half-elf was bound and guarded by Celes, we further explored the basement area of the glassworks. First and foremost, we discovered our kidnapped victim. She was severely beaten, perhaps on the edge of death, but Orc healed her wounds and we were able to quickly get her out of the glassworks (without seeing her murdered father or bound brother, luckily). We also discovered the brother's journal, as well as what appeared to be a sort of smuggling tunnel. Both would be further considered after we saw to the brother and sister.

The sister, we'll call her Elfy, was taken to a temple by Orc. Her wounds were seen to and she told us her story. She was invited to meet with her brother at the glassworks during the night and while they had their differences she, through some absurd curiosity, sought him out anyway. The brother confessed to her that he had terrible plans and that Sandpoint would be very different, very soon. He invited her to come with her, but clearly she was of sound enough mind to turn him down. Not just that, but she tried to make him see the error of his ways. He clearly didn't take to it, and decided instead to take her captive.

On the other side of town Celes and I took the brother to the local lock-up. Since the Sheriff was out of town, the deputy helped us ensure our prisoner was secured and unable to escape. Eventually Orc returned and we decided to interrogate our new friend. He said very little before ultimately poisoning himself. It was probably for the best, as I wouldn't want to trust the deputies with such a dangerous foe for so long. What that half-elf did to his own father...

It was time to pour over the elf's journal. Inside we found plans for the previous goblin raid on Sandpoint along with several references to further raids in the future. There were references to attacks from the river, goblin clans amassing, but most significant of all we discovered that the brother had taken over the glassworks in order to open up a path into town through the smuggling tunnel. Oh dear. There were also some nude drawings that a man could appreciate. Also, some more ominous mentions to a woman doing... things to herself. Also, she led a band of "freaks."

We returned once more to Elfy and told her the full story. That both her father and brother were now dead, that the town was perhaps on the verge of disaster, and that we could use any help she could offer. She told us a story about the brother's lost love, that this woman drawn and referenced in the journal was supposed to have died in a fire years prior. It became clear what we should do next. Sleep on it.

The next day we went into the smuggler's tunnel. I really wish we hadn't. After a rather long journey we stumbled upon the expected, a door that opened to a large cove, just big enough for a ship. It made sense that perhaps the goblins had raided the town from this bay. Maybe. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Further down the tunnel we stumbled upon the unexpected.

We'd eventually come to find that it was a temple to the monster god, I guess. For our purposes we can just call it the shit cave. We battled some kind of freak monster thing living in a cave at the temple's entrance. I laughed as we defeated this thing. The fight would be easier than I thought. Ah, how cocky I can be at times.

Further exploration led us to a shrine of evil liquid, followed by the monster god's temple itself. Inside were two different pools that I'm still not entirely certain what they're for, and a flying demon evil thing that cut herself into a fountain and the blood turned into a monster. Seriously. What even is happening? It was another of those freak monsters, but this time when I killed it it bit me. That's why I'm having these, erm, naughty thoughts. Anyway, we killed the dog and thus began the chase.

I don't recall much of what happened during the "chase." The demon flying thing kept turning invisible and casting spells and it was terrible. I'm pretty sure Orc jumped into a pool of burning lava stuff at some point. Not sure why. Maybe he was driven insane by a spell. Will require further investigation. The damn thing ended up casting a spell that filled me with fear, then chased me terrified through the hall outside the shrine. Suddenly my courage returned and the demon found it was trapped between two half-orcs in a tight hallway. There'd be no more escape for it.

We'd put little more than our foot into this damned temple and already we'd had enough. We decided to quietly escape back to the town of Sandpoint for the night. Certainly whatever evils remained would stick around until tomorrow.

And so here I am, writing in my journal after waking, the last of my sinful thoughts being scraped away like cobwebs from my mind by a thick coffee. Well, some remain, but I'm certain those are mine own. Heh.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:30 am

Excerpt from Asral's memoirs:

My day started out great. Then, I made the mistake of listening to Scar's paranoia, and we spent 4 hours harassing a wealthy and influential friend of the mayor's. Not my brightest moment. All we got out of it was a picture of a girl that Scar insists on shoving in the face of everyone we meet, trying to find out who it is. And the ire of Mr. Foxglove.

I also tried to patch things up with Ven Vintner, but he was not real receptive... he charged me 2g extra for the rations I was only buying as an excuse to talk to him. Damn Albedo. My companions are more like obstacles than allies.

Finally, we went back down into the catacombs beneath the city. We explored it pretty thoroughly, and fought a few more of those disgusting Sinspawn things. We also found a crazy goblin with three arms (I think he must have been a worshiper of Lamashtu) that we had to kill. He was hanging out in a room full of covered pits, each one of which contained a zombie. Creepy stuff.

Finally, we found an exit from the catacombs leading to the streets of sandpoint, which is pretty disturbing, and a room with some kind of levitation enchantment going on. Not really sure what to make of it -- I wish we had more time to investigate, but Shalelu sent a message that she needs help, and I can't make her wait.

Tomorrow will be better -- at least I'll be heading towards a meeting with Shalelu.