card carrying atheist

PF Group B: Campaign Log

Post by moui » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:54 pm

Post forthcoming

moui
card carrying atheist

Re: PF Group B: Campaign Log

Post by moui » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 am

From the journal of Hakbijl, Dwarven Barbarian of Sandpoint, Master Merchant and Connoisseur.

A most successful and entertaining adventure today. I joined two beautiful ladies, Celes and Aliane, for an exhilarating romp through a dark, dank dungeon. There was also an alchemist.... Glank, I think? Grank? Grink? Oh, Glink, that was it. Also, a druid by the name of Dasha who had a gorgeous tiger working with him, I think its name was swift. Stunning coat, and just a delightful personality.

We all went there to investigate some rumors about death and mutilations or something or other, but truth be told I was only there for the chance at some start up capital for my boutique and for a chance to impress Celes and Aly. I think I succeeded at the later, and I certainly made some progress towards the former.

The first nasty we encountered, an ugly little goblin warrior, I cleaved in half with a single stroke. They really don't make waraxes like good ol' Jasmine anymore. I know, I know, very cliche to name my axe after my first love, but I can't help it! I'm a romantic. I also slew two other goblins and a giant spider, and I outwitted a fiendish trap to swipe a huge, beatiful ruby. The gnome said it was an Energy Heart, but all I know is I wish I could put it in the window of my soon-to-be boutique. Alas, we've let the druid carry it for now. I can't start my boutique if I'm slain, after all.

We heard something about a dragon from some Goblin "king" but as of yet have not learned more. Tomorrow is another day... I do hope he's got a decent stash of treasure, if there is a dragon after all!

Any way, more importantly and as I said before, I think my performance may have earned me some admiration from the two fine young ladies I was with. Perhaps it could lead to something more... intimate. A dwarf can hope.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:35 pm

I was working in my lab, contemplating the secrets to the universe when I was rudely interrupted by the lab door being viciously thrown open. I turned to give the intruder a piece of my mind, but it was Alianne. She's always bursting doors open with something she needs from me.

Glink, I need a place to lie low for a little bit, she'd say. Or, Glink, I found this old lair, there might be treasure! Or, Glink, your hair is on fire!

That last one was really rude, what with the bucket of water she threw in my face. But she's the only person in this town I can put up with...or was it that can put up with me? She told me once but I wasn't paying attention. I was probably contemplating the secrets to the universe--which reminds me. She burst into my lab today with some story of mutilations. I couldn't care less what she was going on about but I started thinking about all the minerals and potions and alchemical materials I might find in the lair. I'm also looking for some kind of poison. It's for my boss. He's useless.

Anyway, the dungeon. There was a statue. Acid had poured on it. I was studying it when I was rudely interrupted by a couple goblins. Really. The nerve of the things in and around Sandpoint. Can't they just leave me be? There were some other people there, too. They probably said their names but I wasn't listening. The statue, you know. There was a king of goblins at one point. I tried to have a conversation with him but the dwarf traveling with us said something. I guess it wasn't pleasant because Fatmouth--that's the goblin king--attacked us. Now I have nothing against goblins. I even have a goblin ancestor. But if there's one thing I do like, it's bombs. Because fire. We played catch. Fatmouth didn't care too much it...but you can't please everyone.

There also was a gem. Surrounded by fire. The dwarf seemed enraptured in the gem. I was too interested in the fires spouting from two statues. What was making such glorious flames?

Then there were spiders. I might have blacked that part out.

Oh and there was a goblin I told to count to a million in the corner. Silly goblin. There's more numbers after three.
The cake is a lie.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:06 pm

((This is a mutual effort by Jackie and moi. I hope we got everything!))

As a token of gratitude for our hard work, the Mayor sent us to Ilsurian for a carnival. It started off well, at least. The town was full of Chilaxians, but the carnival workers didn't seem to mind who we were.

After perusing the zoo and dragging Hakbijl away from the bird exhibit, we tried our hand at the carnival games. Alianne was wonderful. She won all of them--I thought at first that she was cheating, but she's just that talented. (I'm glad she's on our side.) We had some tacos as well. My stomach wasn't in good shape after that.

Turns out the carnival attracts all sorts of folk, however. While we were trying to enjoy the games and food, we were suddenly subject to a budding conspiracy. Someone let the baby dragon out and it proceeded to wreak havoc on the carnival patrons. With great effort, we were able to subdue it without killing it, and thank the Gods for that--our new friend Phardaen might have withered and died. The zookeeper Berthold thanked us for our help as well.

Later, we went to the big tent and saw the Sphinx. ...A pity that they would keep such a creature hostage. We hope to speak to the Sphinx soon and learn what is binding her to the circus master.

We decided to return to the dragon cage to make sure all was well before returning to the tavern, and I discovered a hairpin beside it. Presumably, someone with great skill used it to open the cage.

After returning to town, we ate dinner, and a huge commotion occurred outside. The next day, we discovered why: a murder and robbery had taken place, and we were hired by Almara, the owner of the carnival troupe, to assist in the resulting investigation. She sent us the town Sheriff to get more details, and hopefully, we'll be able to use those details to discover what happened.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:46 pm

((Jackie and Matt part deux :3))

We began our investigation at the Locked Box, a pawn shop with a lot of history in the town. We met with Agnes Walder, the wife of the victim, when we got there. There was no one she knew of that would have been targeting her husband specifically. She said that that night he didn't come home, so she went to go look for him but couldn't find him anywhere. When she returned, the shop had been robbed and one of her faithful guards had been murdered. A pity; apparently these guards had been in her employ for some time.

We went downstairs to investigate her vault and were surprised by what we found there: a skulk and her colleague had been captured. A mechanism on the vault had trapped her inside, and a trap in the floor had claimed the other one. After we freed them from the trap and tied them up, the dwarf looked after them so we could go talk to the Sphinx.

We returned to the fairground and met with Almara who showed us into the Sphinx's tent. We wanted to know how the carnival was keeping her captive, but we found out that she was actually traveling with them of her own volition; the carnival provided her with a cover that allowed her to see the world and continue with her studies. (Very clever.)

We went to report to the Sheriff, but were sidetracked due to a pickpocketing incident in the carnival. In the commotion, it had been discovered that Sister Estrelda, a priestess in the town's temple, was found dead in the Sphinx tent. The body had similar clawmarks to the previous murders but there was a garotte mark around her neck that suggested that she had been strangled. Nearby, there were three empty vials, and behind the tent were three discarded clown costumes, presumably belonging to the suspects. When the Sheriff arrived, she demanded that the carnival cease immediately so the investigation could continue. We gave the Sheriff all the details we had up to this point and hope to reach a conclusion soon.

The longer this investigation continues, the less I am wont to trust anyone. It is difficult to see what truly happened.