The Deep - preparation and explanation

HECK YEAH I'LL TANK
Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

The Deep - preparation and explanation

Post by Xelissa » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 pm

Since Jeff has decided to set up an Urgoz's run for next week, I'd like to try to get together a Deep group for the week after next. This might actually work out better since we need more preparation for the Deep, while we already have all our characters skilled out and they all have access to Urgoz's from yesterday.

So after looking at several forum threads regarding the Deep, it really does seem like the build on GuildWiki knows what it's talking about, though I had my doubts at first. I'd make one adjustment to it, though.

3 Recall Warriors
[build name="Recall Warrior" prof=W/A str=13 swords=11 tact=11][Sever Artery][Gash][Shove][Riposte][Dolyak Signet][Defensive Stance][Recall][Resurrection Signet][/build]

3 Heavy Nukers
[build name="Heavy Nuker" prof=E/Me Fire=16 Energy=13][Fireball][Rodgort's Invocation][Meteor][Arcane Echo][Meteor Shower][Elemental Attunement][Fire Attunement][Resurrection Signet][/build]

2 SS Necros
[build name="Utility Necromancers" prof=N/Me Curses=16 Blood=10 Soulr=12][Reckless Haste][Arcane Echo][Spiteful Spirit][Well of Blood][Spinal Shivers][Inspired Enchantment][Blood Ritual][Resurrection Signet][/build]

2 WoH Monks
[build name="Heal Party Monk" prof=Mo/Any Divinef=12 Healingp=15 Protection=7][Word of Healing][Orison of Healing][Signet of Rejuvenation][Healing Seed][Heal Party][Protective Spirit][Extinguish][Rebirth][/build]

1 Pure Party Healer Monk
[build name="Pure Party {br} Healer Monk" prof=Mo/E Divine=13 Healing=15][Light of Deliverance][Heal Party][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Orison of Healing][Mend Condition][Signet of Rejuvenation][Optional][Rebirth][/build]

1 Ritual Lord
[build name="Ritual Lord" prof=Rit/Mo][Shelter][Union][Displacement][Optional][Optional][Boon of Creation][Ritual Lord][Rebirth][/build]

Tyler and I were trying to come up with who could bring what. So far it seems like something like this would be our best bet:

Warriors: Jackie, Mompas, Tyler
Elementalists: Sasado, Avestar, Jeff
Necros: Fey, Nok
Monks: Matt, Jon, Vince
Ritual Lord: Tally

This is just based on what we think people have to Cavalon and if all these people are wanting to go (based on this list of interest we had for Urgoz's last night)

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:18 pm

There might be a slight chance I cannot make it. My Dad's 50th birthday is on that Monday, so I'm not sure of my plans as of yet.

Wow, the elementalist build sucks. (I know you didn't make it though.) I might modify it because there is a lot of wait time for things to recharge.

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:52 pm

apparently a lot of the variations of the vetted "Heavy Nuker" build work fine. Multiple meteor showers are the most important part, really, and as long as you can keep your energy up and use meteor shower often as well as some other AoEs, it should be fine. I somewhat question the lack of use of glyph of renewal as well.

I know ave doesn't have access to meteor shower (I think she still has her ele?), so I guess we'd have to swap out meteor shower for fire storm and rodgort's invocation for tenai's heat.

The necro builds are extremely important, though they might not appear so at first. Apparently spinal shivers (arcane echoed when you use it) is extremely important for some groups as is arcane echoed inspired enchantments in other parts. Wells of blood are used to quickly exploit corpses because there are necro mobs in there that summon flesh golems.

Ostrich
1337+

Post by Ostrich » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Bad news: I deleted my ele Ave.

Good news: I have a new ele (Snacku Onchips).

Bad news: She's on the Nightfall campaign right now. I can try to get her to the Luxon side by then, but I can't promise anything just yet. If anybody wants to help run her there I'd appreciate it. I'd love to come along to The Deep.
:>---O==={
Time falls away, but these small hours
These little wonders still remain

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:30 pm

i'll need help capping SS but the rest i can buy

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:04 pm

I have a warrior that I could get to the Deep by then, but I really have to do this run on a Friday or Saturday night, as the week after next is the first week of school for me, and I have all 8 AM classes. I can't be staying up until 1 or 2 AM because I also have a roommate that I share a room with, and she can't sleep if I'm up doing stuff. I want to save the "I HAVE to stay up" for big papers and such. :wink:

Jon could bring a Rit to the event, if he wants to play; he has a farming Rit that he's played through the game far enough to get Ritual Lord.

EDIT: February 2nd is my roommate's birthday. I know we'll be going out or something, I just don't know details and such yet. I'll let you know ASAP.

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Jon says he'd like to come to this too.

Mompas
God

Post by Mompas » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 pm

I still need to get my warrior past Tahnnakai Temple.

Vincent
aelfborn fury

Post by Vincent » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Ok so what do you guys want my monk to run? And Ave I'll go with you because my monk needs to get over there 2.
I don't care what you are doing, so much
as the idiotic way that you are doing it.

Ostrich
1337+

Post by Ostrich » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:15 pm

Cool Vince, thanks. :) As of right now she's at the part where you have to co-op with other humans to help keep Menhelo and Torgo alive.
:>---O==={
Time falls away, but these small hours
These little wonders still remain

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:35 pm

Vincent wrote:Ok so what do you guys want my monk to run? And Ave I'll go with you because my monk needs to get over there 2.
One of the WoH monks would probably be the best, Vince, since I don't think you've started NF with your monk yet, right?

Goals for this week:
*People who need to get to Cavalon: Get at least halfway there. From migrating your characters, there are 6 missions you need to do to get to Cavalon (Vizunah Square, Nahpui Quarter, Tahnakai Temple, Arborstone, Boreas, and Sunjiang District). This is definately doable in 2 weeks. Try to get to Arborstone by the end of the week.

*Work on Capping the Elite skill you'll need: This applies mostly to Nok. Unless you want to pay 7k for a run, you'll need to get through the three desert missions and dragon's throat to get to Drok's Forge, which is close to where you cap Spiteful Spirit. I'd be happy to help, especially with a couple missions in particular that I need masters on on my ranger. Warriors also need to think ahead to where they need to be to get Shove.

*Decide on a day/time for next week. Jackie has expressed an extreme preference by Saturday, Feb. 3rd. Does this day work for people? Post the times it does, or if it doesn't, specific days/times that WILL work.

Sasado
aelfborn fury

Post by Sasado » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 am

Saturday does not work for Ave and me. We have our monthly party with some college friends the first saturday of every month. Sorry.
"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama

Vincent
aelfborn fury

Post by Vincent » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:39 am

so are there no hexs in the deep?
I don't care what you are doing, so much
as the idiotic way that you are doing it.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 am

i'll be there. either build is fine with me

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:13 am

Sasado wrote:Saturday does not work for Ave and me. We have our monthly party with some college friends the first saturday of every month. Sorry.
What's another day and time that works for you? I think Jackie said that if she plans ahead, she can do it on a weeknight, provided it doesn't run late (right? correct me if I'm wrong).