Poll: Loot on Runs

HECK YEAH I'LL TANK

What should we do in the event that someone who has previously gotten the same drop (on a guild run) gets it again?

It's the luck of the drop - they can keep it
27%
We should have the other people who haven't gotten it roll on it, so everyone can get one
73%

Total votes: 11

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Poll: Loot on Runs

Post by Xelissa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Basically, this poll is about loot assignment on our guild runs.

The question is what should we do in the event that someone who has previously gotten the same drop gets it again on a guild run?
Note: this only applies to GUILD RUNS. If someone has gotten the drop on a run with a non-guild group, it's not fair to ask them to give it up since they haven't previously gotten it on a guild run.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:10 pm

i think its more fair that if someone has already gotten the same drop, they should allow someone else to receive it. of course, this would be that both players have been on both runs which means we'd have to keep track of who has been on which run. like if tyler gets another urgoz shortbow, i couldnt ask him for one since i didnt go on the second run. since we're such a small group, i don't see a problem with sharing loot.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Well, if we do it 12 times and get 12 bows I don't think it is fair somebody gets 6 longbows. Yes somebody is super lucky, but I get jack shit for doing the run X amount of times and nothing to show for it?

Vincent
aelfborn fury

Post by Vincent » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:59 pm

The thing about it is if we do it 12 times thats 12x3= 36 bows 0.o if eveyone just wanted one bow it would only take 4 runs, IF that because we have ben going with 11 people. But loot doesn't really matter me so I put keep. Most people in the guild will sell or let you use if you jsut ask so It doesn't really bother me.
I don't care what you are doing, so much
as the idiotic way that you are doing it.

Albedo
set feyzors to stun

Post by Albedo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:00 pm

I'm not really in this for the loot and I thought the point of it was for fun. I do think it'd be more fair if the loot weren't left up to randomness/luck. I voted for the second option.

Personally, whoever gets the item based on luck keeps unless unless he or she already has it from a previous guild run. If that's the case, then my personal opinion is that we have everyone else who hasn't received one yet roll on it. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, if I get a drop, everyone can roll on it. I'm just doing it to do something as a guild.
Last edited by Albedo on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cake is a lie.

Sasado
aelfborn fury

Post by Sasado » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:35 pm

aye, I go on these as fun activities to do with the guild. Its pretty funny the last 2 times someone has gotten 2 bows as the drop, personally. I don't want to see this become a WoW situation either. I voted for the first one, due to luck being a part of any situation. If someone wishes to give up their item, then that is their choice and should remain so.

The point of these activites is to have fun and what happens, happens. I hope it remains like that :)
"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:48 am

shimdic wrote:Well, if we do it 12 times and get 12 bows I don't think it is fair somebody gets 6 longbows. Yes somebody is super lucky, but I get jack shit for doing the run X amount of times and nothing to show for it?
dont worry jeff...i did 2 tomb runs and 1 urgoz run and didnt get any greens. but honestly, i could care less. to me, guild wars isnt one of those games where you need that uber l33t gear. its mostly for show anyways...me? im more than happy to sport a modded collector...but thats just me XD

Ostrich
1337+

Post by Ostrich » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:19 pm

I'm in this for fun as well. Yeah, it does suck when you spend 5ish hours in a raid and don't get anything. But the laughs and fun more than make up for it.

I really don't care either way, though I voted for the second one (yeah that doesn't make much sense). I'm not really in this for the drops, they're more of a bonus for me.
:>---O==={
Time falls away, but these small hours
These little wonders still remain

Jax
Worst Luck Ever with Video Games

Post by Jax » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:27 pm

I wouldn't mind giving up an item as long as the people rolling on it were going to actually use it. If they're going to sell it though, that's iffy.

I feel guilty that I got two bows last time, and that I had already gotten one on a run without the guild. At the same time though, I only have about 50K on my account, and I could really use the money that I could get by selling the bows. I didn't vote. I'm in between.

I agree with Fey though, there's no reason for people to get upset. I'm also in this to enjoy spending time with the guild and I want it to stay fun, and not turn into WoW.

manekineko
Drunken Kodály Master

Post by manekineko » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:46 pm

I can see the benefit either way.

I myself wouldn't mind giving a bow up after I got 1.

I agree that it's about the fun, too. And people do get money from it.

It sucks when you do the run 10000x and don't get a drop, but some people are way luckier than others.

That's life, so calm down about it.

Either way is fine with me, just let me know what you guys would prefer.

shimdic
Yeah, I probably hate your team.

Post by shimdic » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:29 pm

Fey abuses his powers, jerk.

I'm not upset! (Me upset is UA getting their asses handed to them by UNC at home) I just feel that if we do it 12 times and get 12 bows isn't it only fair everybody gets one? I know Jackie got one outside the guild and one with the guild, so it's all good. If we go 10 more times, everybody should have one by then if we do decide to distribute them. The game decides who gets a bow, then the player can do whatever with it.

Nokturnal
Frenzy Spammer

Post by Nokturnal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:51 pm

shimdic wrote:Fey abuses his powers, jerk.
i agree...lets overthrow him

Xelissa
GM of DOOM!!

Post by Xelissa » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:12 pm

I don't think anyone is getting upset about this - or at least, I hope not. I think most people if not everyone is mostly about going to have fun. I just realized, though, that we never addressed the loot policy and I was curious at what people's opinions were.

moui
card carrying atheist

Post by moui » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:29 pm

yeah--this discussion is to prevent people from getting upset, not a response. everything is cool.

Ostrich
1337+

Post by Ostrich » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:35 am

nokturnal wrote:
shimdic wrote:Fey abuses his powers, jerk.
i agree...lets overthrow him
Throw him over what now?

Just outta curiosity, what drops in The Deep?
:>---O==={
Time falls away, but these small hours
These little wonders still remain